TN 65 battery replacement question

/ TN 65 battery replacement question #1  

Robert_in_NY

Tractor
Case-IH Farmall 45A, Kubota M8540 Narrow, New Holland TN 65, Bobcat 331, Ford 1920, 1952 John Deere M, Allis Chalmers B, Bombardier Traxter XT, Massey Harris 81RC and a John Deere 3300 combine, Cub Cadet GT1554
Hi guys, well after 8 years my battery has died on my TN65. I need to replace it but want to buy another battery that will last as long or longer (well something close will be good). I don't want to buy a cheap battery and have to replace it in a couple years so what battery would you recommend to replace this one with?

/ TN 65 battery replacement question #2  
Your choices are...

a standard serviceable wet cell
a "maintenance free" wet cell
a gel cell
or an AGM battery (absorbed glass matt)

AGM batteries are extremely tough, cannot spill acid, are completely maintenance free, and will last longer than the others, especially in a harsh environment. Optima and Odyssey are two well-know brands of AGM batteries.

/ TN 65 battery replacement question #3  
Hi guys, well after 8 years my battery has died on my TN65. I need to replace it but want to buy another battery that will last as long or longer (well something close will be good). I don't want to buy a cheap battery and have to replace it in a couple years so what battery would you recommend to replace this one with?

Go to your local Ferrari dealer and pickup your battery. I'm not kidding...the same battery is used in the New Holland tractors as they are in a Ferrari.

I found a replacement at Dubois Battery in Dubois, Pa.; no local Ferrari dealer around Pennsylvania.

Remember, the New Holland tractors are made by Fiat; the parent company of Ferrari.

It won't make you go any faster, but it sure does start up well.

/ TN 65 battery replacement question
Well, I called my local Case-IH dealer and he had the factory battery for the TN65/JX1060 but wanted $200 for it. I thought about it as I got 8 years out of the original but then priced a Duralast battery from Autozone and went with the better battery for $90. I hope to get at least 4 years out of it but if not I will buy a better one next time and learn my lesson. Either way the tractor started up instantly and that is what really matters.

/ TN 65 battery replacement question #5  
For conventional batteries, I don't think you can beat Duralast Gold from Autozone. Mine have been superb performers in my diesel pickup. One of mine is almost 8 years old. The other was replaced under warranty at 6-1/2 years. They have a full warranty replacement for 3 years and then go out to 8 years for partial replacement cost.

For conventional batteries, I don't think you can beat Duralast Gold from Autozone. Mine have been superb performers in my diesel pickup. One of mine is almost 8 years old. The other was replaced under warranty at 6-1/2 years. They have a full warranty replacement for 3 years and then go out to 8 years for partial replacement cost.

That is good to know. I saw the 3 year jumpstart warranty but didn't pay much attention to any of the other warranty. I wonder if the 3 year jumpstart warranty means anywhere the machine is when it dies or only if it is on the road:confused:

/ TN 65 battery replacement question #7  
I use Sears Diehards Gold I just got one for my MF TLB 50 hp. $80 The one that was in there was 11 years old. Cost $ 69 Then.

/ TN 65 battery replacement question #8  
Can someone please give me the type/spec for the battery for a TN65 so I can go to Autozone and get one this week? I forgot to get it off the batter before I left the tractor which is 2 hrs away. Thanks

/ TN 65 battery replacement question #9  
Can someone please give me the type/spec for the battery for a TN65 so I can go to Autozone and get one this week? I forgot to get it off the batter before I left the tractor which is 2 hrs away. Thanks

Here's a link that may help.

New Holland TN65 STANDARD TRACTOR

I suspect that the TN55 and TN65 have the same battery specs. I have a TN55, but it's 3.5 hours away and I can't check. But I do remember replacing my battery for the first time and the auto store clerk saying, "Oh, that's a Volvo/Mercedes battery." Scared me to death, but the tab wasn't that bad.:)

Steve

I will try to remember to check the Duralast battery I put in my TN and let you know. It has worked flawlessly so far.