Flail Mower TMG Industrial

/ TMG Industrial #1  

Torvy

Tractor
TYM T574H
These guys are out of Canada. Anyone have any experience with them and their products? I am looking for a light to medium duty ditch flail (articulating) flail.

Not looking for top end, as this is for personal use only. I don't want to buy junk either, though.

Most work will be along our ditches and will be my only mowing attachment. Most of my place is pine plantation, only about 3 acres or so is suitable to mow and I'll likely only do it 2-3 times a year.

/ TMG Industrial #2  
I don't own any TMG industrial attachments, but I have seen the tillers, blades, and mowers in person at a local auction here. Unfortunately, I was outbid on them.

They were well made, seemed fairly heavy duty. I would think that if they weren't any good, the bidding would not have gone as high as it did.... almost as much as buying direct from them.

/ TMG Industrial #3  
Just from looking at their website, I like the design. The rounded skids is something I wish mine had. It would probably be better when making a turn without raising the mower. If it is too tight of a turn, my skids will dig in a little.

/ TMG Industrial #4  
Nova Tractor different yet the same;

/ TMG Industrial
Nova Tractor different yet the same;

Thanks, they are on my list, too. Victory as well.

Any other brands I should consider? I got the info for EA, but they are way beyond what I need or can afford. Landpride only has this type of thing for Cat II. It seems many of them are Italian origin and higher end than budget will allow. I'm going to be in the 3-4K range.

I can get a Rhino TW26 Rotary Cutter for right at $3k. That would do much of what I need, but I think for just a bit more, a budget ditch flail will be more practical. As-is, my 'mower' budget was $2500 +/-, but needs to be able to handle 2" brush. I found a Modern Ag one for that price, but the gearbox HP rating is much lower than most and right at my tractor PTO HP. I like a little more wiggle room than that.

/ TMG Industrial #6  
Stuff I've seen are china specials, light duty with thick paint to hide buttered welds. Ask yourself if parts availability is more important or lowest initial purchase price.

/ TMG Industrial
Stuff I've seen are china specials, light duty with thick paint to hide buttered welds. Ask yourself if parts availability is more important or lowest initial purchase price.
Not necessarily lowest price, there are just whole different classes. The EA one is 3x my budget. It looks to be super nice and if I was making a living at it or had a lot of mowing work to do, it would be another story.

I haven't seen anything definitely from China, though I try to avoid that when practical. Most are from Europe (Italy, specifically), or at least the parts are. The Nova is actually a bowell-tractor . You can even see it on the website images.

/ TMG Industrial #8  
Check out ironcraft . They just started their line of ditch bank flail. I think they are Italian. I have their regular flail and it has been pretty good

/ TMG Industrial #9  
I bought a betsco articulated flail, it's pretty heavy, does a good job. I use a hydraulic top link with makes on the move adjustments easier.

/ TMG Industrial #10  
I bought a betsco articulated flail, it's pretty heavy, does a good job. I use a hydraulic top link with makes on the move adjustments easier.
We have some experience with TMG. Be careful.... parts can be an issue.