TLB Comparison - Kioti CK2610H or LS XG3025H?

/ TLB Comparison - Kioti CK2610H or LS XG3025H? #1  

dieselfuelonly

Gold Member
Tractor
Yanmar YM1401D
My closest dealer can get me either of these tractors set up as a TLB.

Kioti CK2610H - $24k
LS XG3025H - $23.5k

He didn't have any of the LS in stock - says hes had too much trouble with the emissions versions of the LS tractors, and strongly pushed the Kioti. He did have the Kioti in stock, and I was able to run that tractor some, the only difference being it had the 40HP emissions engine instead of the 25HP non-emissions engine that I wanted.

Honestly from what I've read either of them would be good tractors. Dealer said the Kioti was heavier built, but I think that was again, him pushing the Kioti over the LS.

Since I can get either for basically the same price, any reason to pick one over the other?

Right now I lean slightly towards the Kioti only because I wonder about dealer support since he obviously didn't seem to be very happy with LS (said he had a lot of problems with the emissions tier LS tractors, but admitted the 25HP setup was one that he had not really had any issues with).

/ TLB Comparison - Kioti CK2610H or LS XG3025H? #2  
good used tractor to stay away from emissions. It's not if they have a problem. It's when and how much will it cost to repair

/ TLB Comparison - Kioti CK2610H or LS XG3025H? #3  
I'm curious as to why you wouldn't be considering a Yanmar.

I would buy either LS or Kioti without reservation. You should definitely test drive the LS before making your final decision.

/ TLB Comparison - Kioti CK2610H or LS XG3025H? #4  
If your going to spend $24k make sure to sit on and operate both, even if it is a long drive to get to another dealer. Buying the right tractor the first time will save you thousands in the long run, making sure you get the right one is all up to you checking them both out.

/ TLB Comparison - Kioti CK2610H or LS XG3025H?
I'm curious as to why you wouldn't be considering a Yanmar.

I would buy either LS or Kioti without reservation. You should definitely test drive the LS before making your final decision.

I would love to get a new Yanmar however I feel like the comparable Yanmars are a little behind on features with only a 2 range HST and no diff lock.

I wish I could test out the LS but unless the one dealer remotely near me gets one in stock I don't know if that'd be possible.

What debt to income ratios are most financing sources wanting to see these days? Dealer had some very attractive financing offers if I wanted to go that route. Just curious for a ballpark idea.

/ TLB Comparison - Kioti CK2610H or LS XG3025H? #6  
The 2610 doesn't have any emissions stuff because the government says its just under a HP to require it. One of the reasons I chose mine.

That said, unless there is some stuff in a package I'm not seeing you list... $24K is way high for a 2610H. Shop around.

/ TLB Comparison - Kioti CK2610H or LS XG3025H? #7  
Visit your closest Yanmar dealer and go through their product line I think you will be pleasantly surprised by the features they have on 25 hp models and up. My 324/424 definitely has rear differential lock and I'm not sure how the rumor started that their tractors do not. Also the 2 speed ranges totally overlap with the competitors 3 speed range for no noticeable performance difference. The 424 is slightly lighter than the two you are looking at with very small differences in lift/pto ratings. But for the money you are talking check out the Yanmar YT235 which out classes either of the tractors you mention for $22,500 price range and this is a feature rich machine. See 2�17 YANMAR YT235 For Sale In Appleton, Wisconsin | TractorHouse.com Also the backhoe for the Yanmar 424 is frame mounted, easily removed, and made by Woods.

/ TLB Comparison - Kioti CK2610H or LS XG3025H? #8  
   / TLB Comparison - Kioti CK2610H or LS XG3025H?
Thanks for the replies guys. Yes, the price I quoted in my original post included the tractor, loader, and backhoe. The Yanmar 235 is very nice, but considerably more expensive and not in my budget.

Reading through the posts about the Kiotis it seems upgrading from the 25hp 2610 to the 35hp 3510 or the 40hp 4010 isn't a huge price increase, we're talking a few grand. I would do it in a heartbeat if it werent for the emissions crap. I had a big truck with a Cummins ISX that had a dpf and egr and it was a royal PITA. Should I stick with the under 25hp no emissions tractor? No, I don't really NEED the extra HP... but I'm more concerned with emissions related troubles down the road, especially out of warranty.

/ TLB Comparison - Kioti CK2610H or LS XG3025H? #10  
What are you wanting to do with the tractor? Are you going to be running 3 point equipment? Sounds like you are looking at new for the financing options.