Tl-70 Hydraulic Leak

/ Tl-70 Hydraulic Leak
I'm rather confused by your descriptions. The leak is at the REAR of the tractor where the three point lift arms are? The drive shaft as I know it is nowhere near that. There are however, load shaft seals back where the lower lift links attach to the tractor. These are indeed notorious for leaking and needing to be replaced from time to time, but leaks back there don't usually travel to the drive shaft and shield area.

The link I posted shows the area I believe best shows where my thinking leads me for a leak at the rear of the drive shaft shield.
Yes, I just posted 3-point hitch so not to confuse what end of the tractor I have a problem. No it is the 4 X 4 driveshaft. But the part you posted and I already seen does not look like the driveshaft. The part in the PDF, is the right part, another drawing shows the shield that covers it and can also be purchased separate. But again there is no seal on the back end.

/ Tl-70 Hydraulic Leak
Here is the driveshaft with the guard.

Attachments

• Driveshaft&guard.pdf
    194.2 KB · Views: 19
   / Tl-70 Hydraulic Leak
They use to show on the drawing where the part linked to. However the driveshaft only shows it coming from the front axle. Can't see the back end drawing. I looked but not certain what its connected to.

/ Tl-70 Hydraulic Leak #14  
It's on the page I linked you to. You just don't believe me.

/ Tl-70 Hydraulic Leak
Does the part you sent me attach to the rear bottom of the tractor ? Maybe I am not seeing things as you are ? Maybe this part connects to the driveshaft (separate part) spline. That makes sense. I am confused because all the other parts in the same group (front axle) are only the front wheels and front wheel drive. I have to get under the tractor and see if this part is on the back. I have a picture of the casing and thought it was the front wheel drive gearbox. Thank you.

/ Tl-70 Hydraulic Leak #16  
The inset in the upper left corner of the drawing shows the relative position of the part in relation to the rest of the tractor. It's under the transmission.

/ Tl-70 Hydraulic Leak
It's on the page I linked you to. You just don't believe me.
Actually I printed that same page around noon. After I looked at it , I convinced myself that's not the part. But I have been wrong many times. It is the only pages I printed. I see the hydraulic line on it and do remember seeing one looking like that in the driveline rear. Thanks again. I will let you know for sure. I hope that it. It looks doable.

/ Tl-70 Hydraulic Leak
Yep! your right. After looking at the lead diagram, I can see the part you provided, drives the driveshaft from the rear to the front. Thanks for all you provided. I'll let you know how I make out. I don't know the purpose of the "disk" but its $80.00. Would you think, that's something I need or just the seal ?

/ Tl-70 Hydraulic Leak #19  
Fred185, could you post 2 photos, 1 close up and 1 showing the whole tractor AND where the leak is please? This will give some context.

/ Tl-70 Hydraulic Leak #20  
Yep! your right. After looking at the lead diagram, I can see the part you provided, drives the driveshaft from the rear to the front. Thanks for all you provided. I'll let you know how I make out. I don't know the purpose of the "disk" but its $80.00. Would you think, that's something I need or just the seal ?
The disc is probably just a protective shield. Should it be replaced? I wouldn't unless it's damaged, and my guess is that it probably isn't. I think if you remove the drive shaft, and the first snap ring the disc should be removable without disturbing anything else or draining the fluid yet.