Tires Titan R4 Tires

/ Titan R4 Tires #1  

Corm

Gold Member
Tractor
1999 Cub Cadet 7260, 1953 Farmall Super A
This is an F.Y.I. for anyone that has Titan R4 tires on their rigs. I have a 1999 tractor, and my front R4s were checked so bad the fluid in my tires was bleeding out thru the sidewalls (my rears still look relatively new). My tractor is always inside except when I'm actually using it, so weather wasn't the cause of the problem. I spoke to my dealer, and he informed me that Titan had a problem with some of their tires (something about a bad batch of rubber that had too much plastic in it). He graciously agreed to replace my tires at no cost to me. This was done last week, and the replacements are Goodyears.

Just thought I'd pass this along in case anyone else has badly checked, fairly new Titan tires...

Corm

/ Titan R4 Tires #2  
Thanks for the heads up! So far, my 1998 tractor seems OK. But now I'm going to double the number of tire check ups for the next year or so.

/ Titan R4 Tires #3  
Corm
After reading your post I checked with my deere dealer about my tires which are really cracked aslo. He knew nothing about bad tires. They had no listing of any problems with them. Though I could get some free tires out of them. Already had to put a tube in one to hold air. The tread is still fine, could be a little better but good enough for who they're for.

Jerry

/ Titan R4 Tires
jfakerj - When I went to my dealer to pick up my tractor after he swapped the tires for me, a Cub Cadet factory rep happened to be at the dealer. I struck up a conversation with him and asked if the problem I had with my tires was a widespread problem or was limited to a small lot of tires. He said that he had authorized warranty replacement for tires at several different dealers, but he didn't feel it was a "big problem". He added that Cub Cadet continues to be very happy with Titan tires (however, the replacements I was given are Goodyear...... go figure.....).

Corm

/ Titan R4 Tires #5  
I had problems with my Firestone 7-16 R-1 4 ply’s about a year after I bought my tractor. The cords started to come apart in both tires. I didn’t even talk to my dealer about it. I looked the warranty up on the Firestone AG site. Then I e-mailed Firestone. They asked me how much that I thought I had used them. Then we worked out a deal. I wound up paying just $15 for each new tire and that was for 6 ply. I have forgotten, but I think that I had about 250 hrs on them.
Try contacting Titan and working it out with them.

18-32460-1250sig.gif