Titan HD 2000 II SS or Carlisle Trac Chief R4 tires, Thoughts?

/ Titan HD 2000 II SS or Carlisle Trac Chief R4 tires, Thoughts? #1  

IH3444

Veteran Member
I'm in the market for a set of front R4 for my tractor. Any thoughts or experiences on Titan HD 2000 II SS or Carlisle Trac Chief R4 tires?
I believe the Titians are made here in the United States, which I like. Don't know where the Carlisle are made.

/ Titan HD 2000 II SS or Carlisle Trac Chief R4 tires, Thoughts? #2  
I'm in the market for a set of front R4 for my tractor. Any thoughts or experiences on Titan HD 2000 II SS or Carlisle Trac Chief R4 tires?
I believe the Titians are made here in the United States, which I like. Don't know where the Carlisle are made.

I DK anything about the Carlisle tires, but Titan are OE on many tractors sold in the US.

/ Titan HD 2000 II SS or Carlisle Trac Chief R4 tires, Thoughts? #3  

I don't know anything about R4's but as mentioned Titan R1's came with my JD.
Tire shop is picking them all up tomorrow and when they come back it will be sporting a new set of Nokian TRI2's.
The tire pricing is scary $$$$ so hang on

/ Titan HD 2000 II SS or Carlisle Trac Chief R4 tires, Thoughts? #4  
In some cases, I believe Carlisle and Titan are one in the same.....I have 3 Wheel Horses using 9.50x23x12 tires. Neighbor gave me a brand new Carlisle ag tire and I went to the local tire shop and bought an identical tire with the Titan label.

/ Titan HD 2000 II SS or Carlisle Trac Chief R4 tires, Thoughts?
Bought the Titans. Made in USA.

/ Titan HD 2000 II SS or Carlisle Trac Chief R4 tires, Thoughts? #6  
Many of the Carlise ag tires are made in the US. Mine are stamped made in USA right on the sidewall, however they do have manufacturing in China, so it may depend on the type and size of the tire.

/ Titan HD 2000 II SS or Carlisle Trac Chief R4 tires, Thoughts? #7  
I bought a pair of Titan HD2000 in 27-8.5-15 in fall of 2020. In spring of 2020 they were already checking and cracking. I spent about a year dicking around with my local tire shop who I know and trust and have dealt with for 20 plus years only to get shot down. I just started direct with Titan. The lugs still have the raised edges from the mould. At this poiint they are geting close in appearance to my Galaxy rears that are about 16 years old now.

The previous steer tires were also titan and looked like dried mud puddle cracks everywhere but with those I did not initiate in time.

/ Titan HD 2000 II SS or Carlisle Trac Chief R4 tires, Thoughts?

HD 2000​

• Engineered with HD sidewalls to protect against abrasions, tears and punctures
  • Improved dual tapered step lug for wear and extended life

HD 2000 II​

• Titan’s premium conventional skid steer tire with deeper tread depth, premium compound, larger tread lugs, heavier sidewall and larger rim guard

/ Titan HD 2000 II SS or Carlisle Trac Chief R4 tires, Thoughts? #9  
I bought a pair of Titan HD2000 in 27-8.5-15 in fall of 2020. In spring of 2020 they were already checking and cracking. I spent about a year dicking around with my local tire shop who I know and trust and have dealt with for 20 plus years only to get shot down. I just started direct with Titan. The lugs still have the raised edges from the mould. At this poiint they are geting close in appearance to my Galaxy rears that are about 16 years old now.

The previous steer tires were also titan and looked like dried mud puddle cracks everywhere but with those I did not initiate in time.
Interesting. I had Titans on my previous tractor and they never cracked for the 21 years I owned that machine. I have Titans on my new tractor, so we’ll see.

/ Titan HD 2000 II SS or Carlisle Trac Chief R4 tires, Thoughts? #10  
My Mahindra 1626 came with Titans. 27-8.50x15 on front

I just replaced the front ones Wednesday with Carlisles. Look almost identical. I can't tell much of any difference. Says made in USA. Same 6 ply rating. They weren't easy to find in stock. No one had Titans. No one even listed them as an option.