TIRES

/ TIRES #1  

richh

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L4610 HST with loader
Mark after getting the info on the XM Michelins I would like to see what would work best.I know you recommended the 17.5LR24 becase of clearance.Tires are to wide? not enought space how much room?? Whats the over all with, O.D. of the tractor with these 19.5 on it? Got a price on the 19.5x24 of $470.00 ea and 17.5x24 $390.00 ea fronts 11R16 $280.00 ea not to bad.$100.00 to mount rears and $1.00 per gal for hydroflation. Would give me $160.00 each trade of R4 rears, sounds low. so with trading in a new set of R4's i can get in to these killer tires for about $1250.00. Oh by the way the 4610 dose not have those tie rods you spoke of heaver ront axle and diff. stearing gear. SO what to do I would like some imput. forgot to mention I have the rolling circum for the 17.5LR24 1469 and the 19.5LR24 1533. The guy in town could'nt find the info. on the 11-16, mite have it next day or 2. Would realy like somthing on the front that won't tear up things to much. And thanks to Gordon for the info on rim guard I will let you know what I find out.
Rich

PS. This whole tire thing is Mark and Gordons fault

/ TIRES #2  
Dont look at me I've just got an old L3750 MARK is the one with the tricked out mac daddy. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
It's always easier to spend someone else's money ask my wife./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
Just remember if you run chains to have enough clearance at the lower arms I know with the larger turf tires this can be a problem and if I'm not mistaken Mark had to customize his lower 3pt arms for clearance problems.-----Gordon

/ TIRES #3  
The 19.5's are, of course, 2" wider than the 17.5's, but they're also a couple inches taller. There's plenty of clearance between them and the fenders without chains, but I doubt chains would work. I'll check tomorrow. I don't have any need for chains with these tires - I thought about it with the Firestones, but theses tires have so much traction when aired down and ballasted that they'll handle about all the power the tractor can deliver, anyway. The only other clearance problem I had was with the Bradco 609 backhoe. When I first tried to mount it with the 19.5's, the stabilizer pins got caught between the cleats of the tires, so I had to make some spacers to fit on the backhoe mount. No problems with it, just a little inconvenience. Everything else works fine.

The problem I'm having, after recommending the 17.5's, is that I can't come up with a tire that will work on the front. Can you call Kubota or have your dealer call them, and ask what the mechanical ratio between the front and rear axles is for the L4610? It may not be the same as for the L4310. Also make sure you ask about the specific model you're going to get, HST or GST. They may be slightly different - and a slight difference in this ratio can make major difference in the lead/lag calculations. After I get that, I can work the numbers on all the different front tire possibilities.

Mark

/ TIRES #4  
Gordon - No, as I mentioned in the other post, all I had to do was make some spacers for my Bradco backhoe mount, so the stabilizer pins would clear the cleats on the tires. Minor stuff, and a problem the average tractor owner wouldn't have in the first place.

Mark

/ TIRES #5  
Richh - I forgot to mention that you got a very good price on the tires, it seems. Would you mind emailing me the phone number of the place that quoted you? I might call them and see if they'd ship the front tires to me for the same price (plus shipping, of course).

Mark

/ TIRES #6  
Sorry all I should have went back and reread that post my fault. It was stabilizers not lower link arms. At least I was at the right end of the tractor. /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif---Gordon

/ TIRES #7  
Yeah! If you're going to harass me, at least get your facts straight! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Mark

/ TIRES #8  
Have you considered the 16.9R24 Michelins for the back of the tractor with the 11-16's on the front? The 16.9 has virtually the same rolling circumference as the 19.5 that Mark C. has on his 4310. The lag ratio is nearly perfect with the 16.9R24 and the 11-16 Michelins on the 4310. It is only about a half inch narrower than the 17.5R24, so your aren't sacrificing much. Mark can probably confirm the ratio for you.

/ TIRES #9  
Yep, Wes, that's definitely another excellent option. I almost went that route when I saw how big the 19.5's are, but decided to go ahead and go for it.

Mark

/ TIRES
mark got info on 11 LR 16 rolling cir. 99.2 in. over all width 11.5 overall dia. 33.5 .Wes is right on the #s 16.9 is 1535 rolling cir. vs 1533 for the 19.5 . Now maybe someone can tell me how Michelin figers the over all width of these tires. A 16.9 is 179" the 17.5 is 178" and the 19.5 is 193". Now IM sure not a rocket scientist but how come a 16.9 is wider than a 17.5?????? Not by munch but???
and how do they come up with these ##s go from the side wall to side wall?? Mark I will send you the info you requesed in a few.
RICH