Tire Selection Tires for a John Deere 770

/ Tires for a John Deere 770 #1  

msufw07

Tractor
JD 770
Hi all, I know that tire size has been hashed out on here a bunch, and I have looked for it in the search but it has gotten me more confused then when I started looking. Bear with me, its my first time looking for tires for a tractor.

So I have a JD 770 right now it has turf tires on it and I need ag tires or something closer to ag tires for it. The tires on it right now are, 13.6-16 (rear) and 25x8.5-14 (front). My BIL who works for a small power equipment place can get a deal on Carlisle tires and he found a set of CLS51S379's for the front, and possibly a set of 12.4-16 Trac Chiefs (sku: 570122). My question is will these tires keep things within the ratios I need for the MFWD?

If my math is any good that is a ratio of 1.42 (109.6"/77.1"), not sure I did the math correctly or not, all I did was rears/front circumference. :confused:

If those sizes don't work out please feel free to give me suggestions. With the virus going around, planting season, and warm weather right now the local tractor places are pretty tough to get into.

/ Tires for a John Deere 770 #2  
When I changed the tires on my JD770 I got new rear rims used the old front and went with this size r4 tires Industrial front: 25x8.50-14
Industrial rear: 15.0-19.6 ,The 770 is almost the same as the 790

/ Tires for a John Deere 770 #3  
Hi Peter 315,

Do you mind telling me where you got your new rear rims for the R4 tires? I also have a JD 770 and the turf tires are really old and the rims are corroding around the valve stems. I'd love to switch from turf tires to R4s.

Thanks,

--Jon