Tired of CARB/EPA fuel cans?

/ Tired of CARB/EPA fuel cans? #31  
just an observation, why do thumbnail photos that are rotated 90 degrees appear correct way up when expanded/ blown up? This started about 4-6 weeks ago.
They don't on my computer, they appear just the way they are posted, just larger. I have never had issue with pictures appearing sideways or upside down IF they were right side up when I attached them. I don't understand what is happening with some folks.

/ Tired of CARB/EPA fuel cans? #32  
You can use a valve stem on the 5 gal cans to vent.

/ Tired of CARB/EPA fuel cans? #33  
Fueling vehicles for over 20 years, I never started spilling gas until these POS no spill cans. I have since thrown out all no spill cans except for these

NO-SPILL INC. | Lenexa, KS 66215

They work quite well but are MUCH slower. You can get an extension for their vertical tanks and it actually works like the auto shut off at gas pumps where it'll stopped filling once it reaches nozzle.
I have one of those in 1.25 gallon size for filling my chainsaw, weedeater and blower. It works perfectly but they aint cheap by no means. They are worth the price though if you fill a lot from plastic containers. I bought one of those Carb compliant and the nozzle quit working after one fill. It wouldn't open so I took the ring cap off, cut out a plastic ring to seal it and now just use it as a lawnmower gas container. I transfer about half the contents into one of my containers with a push to open handle and it works just right to fill my lawnmower tank. After I get 2-3 gallons out, then I just use a funnel and empty the rest of the fuel. I am too cheap just to throw the darned thing away and go buy another one of the NO-SPILL type.

My diesel is dispensed with a 12V electric pump with auto-shutoff nozzle. If gasoline would store for any decent amount of time, I would set up a tank and pump for it.
My neighbor just gave me a 300 gallon tank with elevated stand for gravity feed but it is going on Craigslist.

/ Tired of CARB/EPA fuel cans? #34  
Excellent idea. I have done this on many cans now for friends and family. As soon as someone sees yours they say, "Can you do mine?" Quick, easy, durable, cheap and if you lose the cap they are available everywhere. Open to suggestions on some type of lanyard/keeper for the cap tho. Just can't brainstorm one.

/ Tired of CARB/EPA fuel cans? #35  
I was in Walmart a few days ago and was going to buy one of the new cans. The more I messed with it in the store the more aggravated I got so I just left without buying one.:mad: Yesterday I ordered another EZ Pour spout and when it gets here I'll go back, buy the new can and throw the CARB spout in the trash.

The 2.5 gallon Rotella oil jug and a funnel comes in handy for small engine mix. ;)

Edit- Wonder why the new can manufacturers make them where they won't stand up when riding in the back of the truck?

/ Tired of CARB/EPA fuel cans? #36  

That's a really good idea.

For no loss valve caps look at suppliers for the off roading folks. large_200_noloss1.jpg

Most times you drop your tire pressure every time you go off road then air up again at the end of the trail so it's a common problem for off roaders.

/ Tired of CARB/EPA fuel cans?
If you're talking about the original post I put up with the fuel transfer barrel and pump, yes the poly barrel is rated for diesel and gasoline

/ Tired of CARB/EPA fuel cans? #38  
Farm stores around here carry five gallon plastic jugs that I have seen used for racing fuel. Jeg's carries them too. Toss in one of those fast flow nozzles and I think we have an ideal fuel can. An electric pump in a metal tank is better but this is good for a can filler.

I've been using the 5 gallon plastic jugs manufactured by Scribner for decades now. The things are awesome. I don't bother with a pump though - I just got one of the large mouth Racor filter funnels and I empty the jugs into that when filling the tractor.

The Scribner jugs are VERY good - IMHO. I've got a couple that must be 20 years old and they still work fine.

/ Tired of CARB/EPA fuel cans? #39  
I've been using the 5 gallon plastic jugs manufactured by Scribner for decades now. The things are awesome. I don't bother with a pump though - I just got one of the large mouth Racor filter funnels and I empty the jugs into that when filling the tractor.

The Scribner jugs are VERY good - IMHO. I've got a couple that must be 20 years old and they still work fine.

Can you get a spout for these?

/ Tired of CARB/EPA fuel cans? #40  
Can you get a spout for these?

Yes - there are actually multiple ones available.

Do a search on Google for " scribner jug spout" and you'll get a number of options.