TireChain.Com Tire Chains Arrived BUT!!!!!!!

/ TireChain.Com Tire Chains Arrived BUT!!!!!!! #1  

JimR

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti NX4510HST
I put one of my new 2 link ladder chains on this morning to see how it would fit. There is not enough clearance between the big fat turf tires and the rear fender bracket. I guess some wheel spacers and extended studs may be in order to cure this little problem. I only need 1/2-3/4" to clear the brackets. Other than the 80 pounds apiece that they weigh, I like them. Anyone have any ideas as to where I can buy spacers and extended studs? I could make the plates if need be. But right now I am buried with the barn project.

/ TireChain.Com Tire Chains Arrived BUT!!!!!!! #2  
What size do you need?
I have a spare set but will need hole info, and hole size info.

Otherwise, find a machinist, who will knock them out in a few minutes /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif ( I saw that hobby you listed /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif )

/ TireChain.Com Tire Chains Arrived BUT!!!!!!!
The hubs are 6 lug 6" on center with a 4 5/8 hub center. I could make the spacers myself if I owned a metal lathe. Someday I will have one in the barn.

/ TireChain.Com Tire Chains Arrived BUT!!!!!!! #4  
Mine are not that big. Sorry for that.

Maybe a good school shop class project for someone taking machining in High School? Although a lot of schools are taking out their shop classes. This is a mistake, IMO.

Have you checked into ordering them from CubCadet? Possibly it is a part that is made for your tractor.

/ TireChain.Com Tire Chains Arrived BUT!!!!!!! #5  
This is just a thought ,but probably a dumb one. Could you just put spacers under the fender mounts to raise it enough to fit the tire chains ?
Big Al

I will check with the local dealer tomorrow. They usually don't stock anything for a Cub even though they sell them. I can check with the local trade school also about making them up for me. I'll have to pull a wheel to get the exact dimensions of the hub and bolts.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( This is just a thought ,but probably a dumb one. Could you just put spacers under the fender mounts to raise it enough to fit the tire chains ?
Big Al )</font>

Big Al, The mounts are in the way on the backside of the tire. I would have to lift the fender quite a few inches to get the brackets out of the way. I am short on clearance directly behind the tires.

/ TireChain.Com Tire Chains Arrived BUT!!!!!!! #8  
Are your tires dished out?

There are several members on tbn who have access to a mill & lathe that I'm sure could help you out...

What part of MA are you in?

/ TireChain.Com Tire Chains Arrived BUT!!!!!!! #9  
<font color="blue">Other than the 80 pounds apiece that they weigh.... </font>

I see this as a functioning rear ballast. Gerard

My tires are turned out. I live just northwest of Worcester in Paxton. One of my brothers works in a machine shop. I usually don't ask favors from him. I won't get into that. But I may call him to see if he can make me a few spacers.