Buying Advice Tire Type

/ Tire Type #1  

fishbones

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti LK3054
I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a new tractor for my hunting land.
My land has low spots, hold water except for summer, softer ground and some firmer areas.
I do a lot of grunt work with the tractor from front end work, food plots tilling and discing, dragging tree logs etc.
My current tractor has AG tires and has performed very well but my new tractor will have twice the lift capacity and thus I am concerned about AG tire roll over on the front end so considering a heavier ply, wider tire setup. I lift some heavy box blinds etc with the FEL. I am trying to decide if I should stay AG, or R4 or the new R14 and I only have experience with AG so any advice is appreciated.

/ Tire Type #2  
You may want to consider rear tire spacers for stabilizing,also some day you want to use tire chains.

/ Tire Type #3  
You can't go wrong with AG tires, it is the tire that offer the most tractions and is built for what you want to do ...the R4 traction is simply not there ... the R14 is a hybrid between the Ag, R3 and R4 and its load capacity is not bigger than the AG but it is a tire that will be easier on the terrain then the AG.

/ Tire Type
You can't go wrong with AG tires, it is the tire that offer the most tractions and is built for what you want to do ...the R4 traction is simply not there ... the R14 is a hybrid between the Ag, R3 and R4 and its load capacity is not bigger than the AG but it is a tire that will be easier on the terrain then the AG.

thank you, been scouring youtube for research.
Another factor I was thinking of was heavier ply tires over AG since I do a lot of in the woods, over logs etc work as well so something more sidewall puncture resistant would be a benefit.

/ Tire Type
You may want to consider rear tire spacers for stabilizing,also some day you want to use tire chains.
Ok, thank, was looking at chains earlier. I am hoping someone can chime in on the R14 performance as I could not find much info googeling around.

/ Tire Type #6  
Dang you must have your own hunting TV show with all that woods work to do.

/ Tire Type #7  
thank you, been scouring youtube for research.
Another factor I was thinking of was heavier ply tires over AG since I do a lot of in the woods, over logs etc work as well so something more sidewall puncture resistant would be a benefit.
you can always get the fronts tires fill with foam ... I wouldn't be worried about the rear one.

/ Tire Type
Dang you must have your own hunting TV show with all that woods work to do.
Lol, I wish.
I bought it 4 years ago and it had no habitat or hunting plan improvements whatsoever.
I have had a lot of big equipment come in over the years as well as some logging done to help get it kick started.
some of my Oaks I had the loggers leave the tops not realizing just how large they were so I have been working to cut up the fire logs and drag them out mostly, creating food plot trails etc.
Plus annual jobs like tilling, planting, etc.
Its nice to see the work pay off as I have put 3 Bucks on the wall in past 2 years.
me and this old boy have done a lot of work together but time to upgrade.
1680464329750.jpeg

/ Tire Type #10  
We have no idea how big your new tractor is - but...... I have a Kubota M6040. With the FEL, grapple, loaded rear tires and HD rear blade - it weighs 10,100#. I have six ply R-1 Firestones - front and rear. I lift heavy pine logs and very large rocks. Some times as heavy as 3000#. When I get a lift that heavy - I lift just enough so the grapple clears the ground. I call it - knuckle dragging.

I've NEVER had a problem with rolling the R-1's off the front tires. I run the front tires at 40psi.

IMG_0011.jpeg