tire repair/mahindra 4110

/ tire repair/mahindra 4110 #1  

zekeman

Silver Member
First time tractor owner,just bought a used mahindra 4110 with FEL, 4wd and R4 tires, have been removing a hill from the side of my house and filling in a pond with the dirt.have 8 hours doing this and notice the front tire has a small hole and "oozing fluid"?
can I plug this tire like a truck tire, or do I get a professional repair
Ron

/ tire repair/mahindra 4110 #2  
Plug it just like a truck tire as long as it's a small pucture wound. Make sure you have the bias ply tires (most CUT R4's are) and you should have no problem.
Make sure you wash the tire good as it may have calcium chloride in the liquid load, and it's quite corrosive. John

/ tire repair/mahindra 4110
Kioti John
Removed some fluid from tire, put hole at 12 o'clock so the hole
would dry and plugged it just like a truck tire, put tractor back to work and no problems after 6 hrs use. THANKS
Ron NY

/ tire repair/mahindra 4110 #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Kioti John
Removed some fluid from tire, put hole at 12 o'clock so the hole
would dry and plugged it just like a truck tire, put tractor back to work and no problems after 6 hrs use. THANKS
Ron NY)</font>
Very good. I wonder what the tires are filled with. Do you know? I hope you washed it off good just in case it IS calcium chloride. It can eat up your rim in a heartbeat on the outside in the air. John

/ tire repair/mahindra 4110
John
Yes it is cal chloride, washed it real good- gave me a good reason to wash the whole tractor, P.S. the plug is still holding
Ron

/ tire repair/mahindra 4110 #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( John
Yes it is cal chloride, washed it real good- gave me a good reason to wash the whole tractor, P.S. the plug is still holding
Ron )</font>
Yep, and the next few plugs will hold too!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif John