Tire pressure

/ Tire pressure
Thanks you guys for the welth of knowledge and sharing it with me.
I need to leave my OCD home at least fot this one ;)
Let the experiment start. First I'll deflate to 15psi since it is the most common advice and see how it works.

/ Tire pressure #24  
I have ran 10psi in in the rear R4's on my 2017 55hp/7000lbs LS since day one. I have 2000 hrs on it and the rear tires are wearing fairly even. I run the max listed on the front R4's at 35psi due to the FEL. Fronts are wearing faster in the center even though I am constantly loading the FEL.

Lots and lots of factors influence what air pressure to run.

I know a few guys that run like 35psi in the rears. You can see even with R4's the tire is very hard and rounded across the tread face. They complain of rough ride and no traction.

I've mentioned they may want to try a lower rear pressure, but they keep looking at that max loading psi listing on the tire.

There is a good trick with shoe polish to find the "best" air pressure for a given setup. I would post it but fear liability.

/ Tire pressure #25  
You can also drive across ground that takes an impression of your tire lugs and see if they are making even depressions in the ground across the tread or if the center in deeper, reduce your tire pressure.

/ Tire pressure #26  
I run 30 in the fronts and 15 in the rears which are filled with antifreeze and water.
Branson 4520