Tires tire pressure?

/ tire pressure? #1  

TYMinColton

Gold Member
Tractor
2008 TYM T273 w/ FEL - 100 hrs, 1962ish Ford 881D project - hrs unknown
Hey fellas,
Probably a stupid question, but can anyone provide me inflation specs (p.s.i.) stock front/rear tires for a T273 with bioballast loaded rears and a FEL? I've looked through my user and service manuals and there's plenty of info on tires (type, size, etc.), but nothing that looks like inflation pressure.
Thanks,
Pete

/ tire pressure? #2  
I was on this trail a month or so ago,found my answer,do a search in kioti and john deere forums,my answer contained a a semi quote from tire manufactor

My, 15-19.5 industrial loaded rear tires,on my ck30 tractor,no loader, with me and tiller weighs about 4,000 lbs,so I got 20 psi in them[book says 30,just 30,no min. or max.],20 was minimum according to tire manufactor.

Do a search,nice link on john deere forum in that tire pressure post.

What did you call that,biofill? must be beet juice,I got methinal and water in mine,here that beet juice weighs more but more expensive?

/ tire pressure?
Thanks Greenmule, I'll give a couple of other forums a more thorough look through. You think it'd be obvious, but . . .

Yup, the ballast is beet juice sold by several tire stores under the name bioballast or rimguard. Much better than Cacl2 for the environment if you get a leak and probably more tasty on ice cream :eek:

/ tire pressure?
For those interested, the link to the Deere sites is:
OMLVU17926_J7

FYI. The tires don't spec out exactly as the R4's on a TYM, but they're pretty close and it'll give you some idea as to the load these tires are capable of supporting. As luck would have it, I finally did track down inflation values in the T273 service manual. It doesn't say anything about filled rears, but does express inflation values in kgf/cm2 (probably why I missed it the first time). I'm guessing that for filled rears you would simply be adding less air due to a space filling uncompressible liquid, but otherwise the final pressure per square inch should remains the same.

The inflation values for front/rear are 31/25.6 psi or 2.2/1.8 kgf/cm2. :D

P

/ tire pressure? #5  
Yeah,the titan man told me that under 20 on those size I said on rear,there was a chance that tire could come unseated on rim,fronts I got 30,no loader. Book says 50 period.
30 in rear and 50 on front seemed like alot to me and the book didn't give a min/max,etc. I didn't like that answer.

/ tire pressure? #6  
probably more tasty on ice cream :eek:[/QUOTE]

Beet juice/Rim guard tasts pretty bad. I tried it by accident.

I inflate the front tires to the top rating and the rear low enough where tire is flat on the ground. Drive a wet tire on dry concrete and you can see your contact area. I think about 9 psi in the rears.

Dan

/ tire pressure? #7  
Tire pressure will be in the 10 area on the ag tires and closer to 30 on the industrial type. It often says on the side of the tire the max pressure. If I dont have a gauge to check it on the ag tires I put it so the outer edge of the lug is about 1/4 inch off the ground. I check it on cement and if on dirt it will be a little less. For the industrial it is harder to tell so I try to get it firm but keep the lug flat.

/ tire pressure? #8  
I put 17psi in my R4 rears with WWF