Tire opinion wanted, Terramite rears

/ Tire opinion wanted, Terramite rears #1  

Matt W

Silver Member
Tractor
65, 3000 Ford D, Terramite T6
Just busted a rear, probably on a sharp rock. Local farm tire dealer says boot and tube probably won't last long. His price on new tires is around $190 not counting the fluid, I wouldn't be without. My question is: Anyone have experience with these tires

$99.83 - Crop Max R1 - tires | Buy Crop Max R1 tires at SimpleTire ?

Both my rears are in kind of a poor condition with cracks and cuts. Thinking if I need to replace both at the same time. Especially if I go with these odd looking tires.

/ Tire opinion wanted, Terramite rears
Well, when they came they looked more conventional. Not the wide spaced longer bars that are pictures. Name on them was "Cropmaster" not "Crop-Max". [/ATTACH] IMG_1242.JPGIMG_1245.JPGIMG_1246.JPGAt any rate they are full of fluid and back on my machine and I'm happy.

If you need tires this might be a good time since they have 10% off and free shipping right now.

/ Tire opinion wanted, Terramite rears #3  
Thanks for the information and the pictures. It's great information.
I never filled the rear tires on my machines. I've been of the thought that its better to let the tires slip then to increase the bite and have the rear end break.

/ Tire opinion wanted, Terramite rears
Not so much about slipping for me as stability. Not a level spot on my place. Penetration when using the hoe. I think I saw somewhere the drive system is rated for 35hp so it is overbuilt for the 20 hp motor. And counterweight for the loader bucket.
100_5396.JPG100_5401.jpg

/ Tire opinion wanted, Terramite rears #5  
Hi. Rebuilding a T9 and just ordered a rear set from simple tire.com. They are BKT. Around 400 plus free shipping. They have galaxy super trencher for 167 per tire. Both are good tires. Hope this helps.

/ Tire opinion wanted, Terramite rears #6  
I'm browsing simpletire.com for T9 rears and BKTs are $245 to $320. Which part number did you pick that was under $200? Is BKT a recognizable tire?

Please don't light me on fire for asking a question in an older thread :)

Attachments

• T9 rear 31 15 15_5.jpg
    T9 rear 31 15 15_5.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 397
   / Tire opinion wanted, Terramite rears #7  
100_5278.JPGI bought the BKT315's for my T6 last fall. I can't find my paperwork right now but I think the rears came from simple tire and the fronts from Amazon. Haven't used the machine yet, but the reviews I found at the time were pretty good for BKT tires.

/ Tire opinion wanted, Terramite rears #8  
Could you check your Amazon purchase history for the fronts?

Its possible to login to simple tire and see purchase history like Amazon. Could you login?

The paint looks good. Rattle can, powder coat, sanded, sand blasted?

/ Tire opinion wanted, Terramite rears #9  
I found the paperwork and I was wrong. The fronts (23-12-10.50) came from Simple Tire for 146.97 shipped and the rears ( 31X15.50-15) came from TiresShipped2You.com for 425.56 shipped. The wheels were sandblasted, epoxy primed and painted with Rustoleum equipment enamel with hardener. Working on the rest of the tractor now and hope to put it to use this summer. The old tires were filled and the rears seemed kinda lumpy. When I cut them off I found they had stuffed the tires with old chunks or urethane before filling and things were coming apart inside.100_5274.JPG

/ Tire opinion wanted, Terramite rears #10  
Here is what I found for the fronts

Width - 23
Aspect Ratio- 10.50
Wheel Diameter - 12
Brand - BKT
Name - TR315 Trencher Lug
Part Number -94022311
6 ply for this particular part number
$80.99 at Simpletire

And the rears -

Width - 31
Aspect Ratio- 15.50
Wheel Diameter - 15
Brand - BKT
Name - TR 315 Lug Farm Law Garden Tire
Part Number - 94022441
8 ply
$217.69 at TiresShipped2You

These two BKT part numbers are among a half dozen options for the front and rear. There are different brands, plys, and treads to select from.

How did you get them on? The old fashion way with a crowbar and lost of swearing?

Last edited: