Tire "band-aid" idea

/ Tire "band-aid" idea #1  

electrycmonk

Silver Member
Tractor
Satoh 370 diesel & Cub Cadet 7260 Diesel 4WD standard
Even thought I did my best to keep the tires all aired up .... one finally gave up. the sidewall has cracked so bad the rubber has partially separated from the ply's in a small area.

having read this thread today while searching on a different topic.....
https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/mitsubishi-satoh/375689-can-tire-repaired.html

made me wonder.
this is the rear tire I'm talking about.

I'm thinking of jacking it up to doing the sprayfoam in a can method just so I can have it be able to roll around on the driveway and get the fuel system solved to get it running again.
Once its running again. And running constantly without fail. Then I'd be willing to invest in replacement tire(s) for the 370.

I don't want to have to invest in a 'stiff patch' for this sidewall issue & (if needed) replace the inner tube as well - while I am trying to get it running again.....
because a couple of cans of the "super expanding window crack filling spray foam" is something i already have on the shelf.

suggestions? thoughts?

/ Tire "band-aid" idea #2  
Are you planning to replace wheels when tires are replaced? If not,be informed tires can't be separated from wheels without cutting them off. After cutting tires off,wheels can be reused if they had tubes but if tire is tubeless,cleaning wheel is a chore.

/ Tire "band-aid" idea
i plan to keep wheels. I also planned to spray the foam into the tube - once i remove the shrader valve..... I'm not afraid of breaking out the wire wheel for the drill or put the brush on the 4" grinder..... cutting the tire dosent scare me either.....

thanks a bunch too for the reminder on the fun - cleaning the inside of the rim will be from the foam and rust that likely is there as well.

/ Tire "band-aid" idea #4  
How are you able to get some reasonably even distribution of the foam having only the shrader valve entry?

Do you need to purge the air in the tube? That won't be possible as the only possible exit will be the valve.

I would say, don't do it, but it will be interesting to see what happens. I am kind of thinking about a large AG tire. Maybe you are talking something much smaller.

/ Tire "band-aid" idea
How are you able to get some reasonably even distribution of the foam having only the shrader valve entry?

Do you need to purge the air in the tube? That won't be possible as the only possible exit will be the valve.

I would say, don't do it, but it will be interesting to see what happens. I am kind of thinking about a large AG tire. Maybe you are talking something much smaller.

1st, I'd talked with others IRL (in Real Life) that have done this with small tires like this one....
2nd, you see the method is kinda like getting dough to rise.... the foam has to be sprayed in and allowed to drop to the bottom initially and then you have to quickly but, gently spray it onto the inner sidewalls as you get the can empty....
3rd you gotta be careful of the super hyper expanding foam.
lastly, I wouldn't dream of trying this with a tire any larger then this one.... 370-tire1.jpg370-tire2.jpg370-tire3.jpg370-tire4.jpg370-tire5.jpg

well, maybe in a "I wonder what -" I might test a old standard car tire for a 16" steelie rim for a farm wagon, just to see what happened.... but, I have alot more plates spinning so.... don't see *THAT* happening anytime in the distant future....