Tires Time for new tires on the B6100

/ Time for new tires on the B6100
Pricey aren't they. I think I seen them advertised as 10 ply.?
Not sure if I'd like 10 ply due to the ride. Tougher tire though.

Yes pricey. The Carlisle is listed as 10ply. Why would it affect the ride? These things are quite wide so already on a pillow.

I need to look and see what the specs are on the current tires.

/ Time for new tires on the B6100 #13  
The sidewalks won't have near the flex as say a 4 ply. You will notice a difference. I bet you could run 5 psi or less and not see much of a belly in the tire...assuming you could keep it on the rim.

/ Time for new tires on the B6100 #14  
Have you considered being the first TBNer to get the new 14T tyres?

(spoken in the true tradition of TBN... spending your money before I have to. :))

If I needed tires I would give them a try.

...do not reply on published sizes unless it is a made in America Tire.

That doesn't mean what it did 40-50 years ago.

Disclaimer: I own a company that promotes "Made in the USA", but I see lots of stuff that's no better than what's made in [you name it].

I looked at my tires, they are Firestone turf and field 4 ply so as mentioned above, no need for 10ply. If I read the date code correctly, mine are from 1986 so they lasted well. I'm thinking I'll go with the blemished ones as the 10-ply seems to be the only other option and they are expensive.

So I went with the E-bay blems, only complaint is they ground the rubber lettering off a bit deeper than I'd like but still plenty of rubber left. Annoying thing is the day after I ordered them E-bay had a 15% off sale. Buggers.

I got one on to replace the leaker, not too bad and looks decent. I can't tell the size difference when aired up.

kub-tire.jpg

/ Time for new tires on the B6100 #18  
Nice..! What did you end up paying if I can ask..?

/ Time for new tires on the B6100 #20  
Do you an idea why they grind the lettering off and call them blemished. ?