Tiller help

/ Tiller help #1  

wingdeere

Tractor
john deere lx 178
Can anyone tell me the difference between the satoh tiller model 2PR -1110s and the 2PR- 1110c? I know the 2pr 1110s was made for the beaver 373 but wasnt for sure on the 2pr 1110c. I hope the 2pr 1110c wiil work with the beaver 3. Thanks in advance

/ Tiller help #2  
The Satoh 2PR and the Mitsubishi E Series tillers have the same look and the PTO interface. Either in red or blue. The PTO shaft to the tractor follows the same attributes of Kubota and Yanmar as very short shafts. This is typical for tilling rice patty soils before the rains come.

Why the short PTO shaft? So the tiller nearly hugs the rear tires very close for those very tight turns in the rice paddies beds below the normal ground level.

Are you dead set on buying an old tiller like that?

/ Tiller help
Thanks for the info, and already bought one I found one for about half the price, of what the small tillers sell for in my area

/ Tiller help #4  
Thanks for the info, and already bought one I found one for about half the price, of what the small tillers sell for in my area
Did it come with the short PTO shaft?
What model was it then?

/ Tiller help #6  
It was the 2pr 1110c, didnt get the short pto shaft got to try and find one
Many of the Japan made tillers and tractors have them. You would need to find the length and the number of spline teeth your tractor and tiller uses.

Mitsubishi, Satoh, Yanmar, Kubota, Iseki, Shibarua, Hinomoto, etc would be good candidates to seek out for possible short shafts.

Some of the Yanmar message threads here on TBN have had people make a few universal versions out of automotive 4wd parts in case you need to fabricate something easy. So go here and do a sub-forum search on tiller PTO dive shafts.

/ Tiller help
Many of the Japan made tillers and tractors have them. You would need to find the length and the number of spline teeth your tractor and tiller uses.

Mitsubishi, Satoh, Yanmar, Kubota, Iseki, Shibarua, Hinomoto, etc would be good candidates to seek out for possible short shafts.

Some of the Yanmar message threads here on TBN have had people make a few universal versions out of automotive 4wd parts in case you need to fabricate something easy. So go here and do a sub-forum search on tiller PTO dive shafts.
Thanks I'll check that out if I have to make one, looks like the tiller is 18 spline and the tractor is 6 spline I think

/ Tiller help #8  
Thanks I'll check that out if I have to make one, looks like the tiller is 18 spline and the tractor is 6 spline I think

Here is a Yanmar tiller. Notice the short shaft.

Because there is so little info on the Satoh tiller, you can glean info from the Yanmar tillers. Many of these tillers even look the same. I really wonder if one big company made them for all the Japan tractor brands.

Eric had to add extension brackets so the tiller didn't hit the tractor when the 3PT went up/down.

More images and how the PTO drive shaft mounts. Also the tiller top-link is shown.

Ah ha, Found the short PTO drive shaft DIY fabrication thread.

Wish there was a parts manual or OPS manual for your tiller. I've not see one in a deep web search tool. I only have 3 Mitsubishi-Satoh mower manuals.

/ Tiller help #9  
It was the 2pr 1110c, didnt get the short pto shaft got to try and find one
Ah ha, your tiller was made by Shakthi for Mitsubishi-Satoh.

1678591197118.png