Backhoe Thumb hand control

/ Thumb hand control #1  

Smokeydog

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B26, M59, M5030DT
Added a hand control lever to work in concert with the existing foot pedal on the M59 backhoe. Also added some tubing/grating to the pedal to better fit my brogans.
IMG_2486.JPG

IMG_2491.JPG

IMG_2493.JPG

IMG_2492.JPG

Can use either or together.

Lever was easy by welding a 3/8” hold down coupling nut to the pedal swivel/hinge block.

Pedal treads made from 2x5” tubing. Pedal is now 4” longer.

Still can hinge the pedal up to lock and disconnect the pedal and lever from the valve like the OEM design.

Hopefully giving this old fellow better dexterity stacking rocks and such.

/ Thumb hand control
IMG_2496.JPG

IMG_2497.JPG

IMG_2500.JPG

Pedal control so much easier and smoother. It has a stout return to center spring. Even with the long hand lever the spring force is more compared to the other two levers.

Precise hand control. Don’t always need it but good to have available.

/ Thumb hand control
Modifications to the pedal for foot control made for much improved thumb operations. Extra pedal length, height, and grip makes a huge difference controlling the close and release function. Giving natural fluidly to movements.

B26 now needs one to.

Wish I had done this years ago.

/ Thumb hand control #4  
Added a hand control lever to work in concert with the existing foot pedal on the M59 backhoe. Also added some tubing/grating to the pedal to better fit my brogans. View attachment 773946
View attachment 773947
View attachment 773948
View attachment 773949

Can use either or together.

Lever was easy by welding a 3/8” hold down coupling nut to the pedal swivel/hinge block.

Pedal treads made from 2x5” tubing. Pedal is now 4” longer.

Still can hinge the pedal up to lock and disconnect the pedal and lever from the valve like the OEM design.

Hopefully giving this old fellow better dexterity stacking rocks and such.
This is really awesome work. It's something that engineers would do fir their design and updates to the product they are working on if they were allowed to have fun at work.

It compared well to the GoPro cameras I use for my YouTube channel.

They have regular firmware that's tried and true, no frills.

And then they let the engineers into the playroom and let them just have fun for a bit, letting their minds run -like a puppy on the beach!!! And they are coming up with some really functional and cool ways of doing things with the cameras!!

I think all the manufacturers are missing the boat here. It's things like this that make a big difference to users across the board.

Beautiful work !!!

Don
It's a Mad Mad Homestead!!

/ Thumb hand control #5  
Nice upgrade. And beautiful work, welding etc.