Throttle assembly AM106135, inner piece only?

/ Throttle assembly AM106135, inner piece only? #1  

joea99

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B21, JD 240GT
Anyone have success at replacing only the inner wire on this assembly?

/ Throttle assembly AM106135, inner piece only? #2  
Not this assembly. I've done a few over the years using piano wire from the hardware. I think the tough part is getting behind the lever to bend the last of the tank. You could likely pull the lever away from the body for clearance. All it takes is a right angle bend through the hoe and bend another.

/ Throttle assembly AM106135, inner piece only?
Not this assembly. I've done a few over the years using piano wire from the hardware. I think the tough part is getting behind the lever to bend the last of the tank. You could likely pull the lever away from the body for clearance. All it takes is a right angle bend through the hoe and bend another.

Where did you find the wire? Piano wire, "spring" wire, or just mild steel?

Thanks.

/ Throttle assembly AM106135, inner piece only? #4  
Just at the hardware store. It may be called music wire maybe instead of piano wire.

Just at the hardware store. It may be called music wire maybe instead of piano wire.
No one around here seems to have any. Lots of "fence wire" but that does not do the trick. I'll keep trying. $48 for an assembly seems a bit much.l

/ Throttle assembly AM106135, inner piece only? #6  
No one around here seems to have any. Lots of "fence wire" but that does not do the trick. I'll keep trying. $48 for an assembly seems a bit much.l
Try ACE hardware. The big box stores will not have this, if your lucky, the big box store may have a straight 2x4.

Try ACE hardware. The big box stores will not have this, if your lucky, the big box store may have a straight 2x4.
They have stuff online, or in stock 50 miles from me. I found a used assembly on ebay for 18. Worth a try.