3-Point Hitch Three point hitch stuck

/ Three point hitch stuck #1  

JDW

Tractor
Iseke TL1900F
Hey all, back again with a problem I can't figure out. My three point hitch is stuck in the raised position. I've made sure the Fast/Slow/Lock knob, just below the seat, is in the fast position. I also made sure the lock lever, next to the steering wheel, is in the down position. All of the external mechanical linkage appears to be working fine. Could the wrong kind of oil in the gear box cause this? Thanks in advance for any help.

Jack

/ Three point hitch stuck #2  
Jack, if you push the lever to lower it, and hold it in that position, can you then push the 3-point hitch down by hand?

/ Three point hitch stuck
I.ve Tried holding the lever, on the side of the hydraulic unit, in the full back position and pushing down on the hitch.

Thanks,

Jack

Back again with an update on the stuck three point hitch. I removed the hydraulic assembly, for the hitch, and found that the piston was stuck in the raised position. It appears that with no load on the hitch that the piston traveled farther than normal into an area that had become rusty. The piston is stuck in the rusty area. I sill have to figure a way to push it back and then clean up the cylinder. I'll have to find someone with a hydraulic press.

I'll keep you posted on the progress,

Jack

Hi everyone,

I got my tractor back together last night and was able to start it and check the operation of the three point hitch. It works like new, very smooth with no binding!

I bought a large brass punch from harbor freight ($6.99) and ground the end to match the curvature of the cupped side of the piston and with a dead blow hammer I was able to drive the piston out of the cylinder. I had to remove the push rod from the system. I then took a small engine cylinder hone and lightly honed out the rust.

I used a brass punch to minimize any damage to the cupped part of the cylinder. If you use a hone on the cylinder, don't get to aggressive and over size the cylinder.

I hope this helps someone if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Until next time,
Jack

/ Three point hitch stuck #6  
Interesting posts, Jack. Glad you got it fixed.