Thoughts on this tractor?

/ Thoughts on this tractor? #1  

Omnipotent

Bronze Member
Tractor John Deere 750- 3 cyl diesel engine with 800 hours of use
8-speeds fwd - 2 speeds rev / locking differential / 2 wheel drive
Rear P.T.O / 3-point hitch / front P.T.O.
R.O.P.S. (roll over protection system)

Front-end bucket loader (JD mod 70) - 5 ft
Belly mower (JD mod 160) - 5 ft
Weight box on rear

Asking $6500.

3kd3m53p35T05X35R5a9u0ffa6b430dae15f8.jpg

/ Thoughts on this tractor? #2  
I would not own a 2wd tractor with a loader. Especially that small.

/ Thoughts on this tractor? #3  
A lot depends on what you are planning to use a tractor for;with two wheel drive and looks like turfs it won't work in mud very well....if you are just going to cut grass and lite loader work it might be fine.Can't buy much for that money today.Check prices for this model on Tractorhouse.

/ Thoughts on this tractor? #4  
Notice any leaks or take it for spin w/mower running plus try fel.
What would be your main use or general clean up/puttering...set rear tire chains can make big traction.

/ Thoughts on this tractor? #5  
With two wheel drive I would have been stuck a bunch of times, scrach that... I would not have done a few things that I wanted to try... It's not a bad price... as long as you know you'll have some limitations to think about. How is your land??? Hilly by chance? Two wheel drive going down hill on wet grass or even gravel (if you have a load in the FEL) could be an "issue".

/ Thoughts on this tractor? #6  
Probably okay to use primarily as a mower on a large yard. For other tasks, be really careful using a FEL with 2WD (especially on slopes).

/ Thoughts on this tractor?
Thanks all...main uses are finish mowing, brush hogging, some woods work, maint of gravel drive, snow plow....general CUT type work for 15 AC land.

It's not very hilly at all but thanks for the advice on this one.

Now a new one...how about this? I've never really heard of Branson, but upto about 1 month ago I didn't know what FEL, RFM or PTO stood for either :ashamed:

2007 Branson 4720 Tractor with only 146 hours. Runs perfectly no dents or scratches. 4x4 forty seven horse power PTO 42 horse power diesel. Only used for dragging arena and brush hogging no heavy use. paid $15000 with 37 hours. $9500

3n33m23p95V25U55X3a9tc5b2ed1d9d8817b7.jpg

/ Thoughts on this tractor? #8  
I wouldn't buy a Branson. Not that I have experience with them but I'd opt for one of the bigger name manufacture. Go to Wallace Equipment Ltd. and get him to price you some units.

/ Thoughts on this tractor? #9  
Branson tractors are built in South Korea. Looks like a nice tractor for the money. Parts could be a problem. Check their website to see if there's a dealer near you.

Branson Tractors - Home

/ Thoughts on this tractor?
Nearest dealer is 40 miles...not too bad...but I actually travel to South Korea several times a year for work...maybe I can get my parts wholesale :D Kidding of course.

I've been looking at ALL tractors, and to be honest I'm just trying to get the most bang for my buck (10K). I looked new, with all the 0% financing and stuff, but for 30-40hp tractors with FEL it puts me in the 25K range...more than I want to spend for a tractor that's basically just going to make my life easier....it's not that I NEED a tractor...more that I WANT a tractor.

So thanks for all the input thus far...any others are appreciated.

Also, I need to buy something fairly soon as I move in at the end of Oct and the yard and pastures are completely overgrown, so I'll probably add a couple of more pics and tractor listings into this post to get feedback.