Thoughts on Chevy Colorado or Ford Ranger

/ Thoughts on Chevy Colorado or Ford Ranger #131  
I was just looking at the 2024 Ranger which is now on the Ford website and they got rid of the extended cab. That stinks. I was really wanting the ext cab to get the longer bed. Not sure I would buy the 4-door, so I may have to shop around for other compact PUs.

Looking to downsize from my '05 F250 Ext cab with 8' bed. Too many years up here = rusted like mad and I really don't need a truck that big anymore.

/ Thoughts on Chevy Colorado or Ford Ranger #132  
I was just looking at the 2024 Ranger which is now on the Ford website and they got rid of the extended cab. That stinks. I was really wanting the ext cab to get the longer bed. Not sure I would buy the 4-door, so I may have to shop around for other compact PUs.

Looking to downsize from my '05 F250 Ext cab with 8' bed. Too many years up here = rusted like mad and I really don't need a truck that big anymore.
Ya, we occasionally used all 6ft of our bed.
1693172752682.jpeg

/ Thoughts on Chevy Colorado or Ford Ranger #133  

I have no idea what Ford is doing on product availability. Besides doing away with all sedans, they seem to have decided all truck buyers want 4 door supercabs. It appears the Ranger is only available as a 4 door now. I'm only interested in extended cab trucks, not supercabs but I find my F-150 Lariat can't be replaced. If you want leather seats you have to get a supercab. I'm glad my 2017 is good for another 15 or 20 years.

/ Thoughts on Chevy Colorado or Ford Ranger #134  
So what other compact/midsize PUs are worth looking at? I hear lots of grumbling about the Tacos being crude and underpowered. Dunno if the Nissan Frontier is worth looking at as I am not sure I trust Nissan enough. Honda Ridgeline has the same Ranger problem - only 4 door 5' bed. Not sure I could do a Colorado as I have "a Thing" about GM vehicles. Anything else out there?

/ Thoughts on Chevy Colorado or Ford Ranger #135  
It took me longer to find a truck because I only wanted 4x4 and Ext cab. (Min 6.5' bed). Marketing says crew cabs are what people want, so they make more of them (at higher price points) and people buy them because their choices are limited. A vicious circle.

It seems there is an opportunity for a brand to set themselves apart by offering sizes and configurations that are ignored by the group think of OEM marketing.

/ Thoughts on Chevy Colorado or Ford Ranger #136  
So what other compact/midsize PUs are worth looking at? I hear lots of grumbling about the Tacos being crude and underpowered. Dunno if the Nissan Frontier is worth looking at as I am not sure I trust Nissan enough. Honda Ridgeline has the same Ranger problem - only 4 door 5' bed. Not sure I could do a Colorado as I have "a Thing" about GM vehicles. Anything else out there?
Ours had real design issues, some terrible..

/ Thoughts on Chevy Colorado or Ford Ranger #137  
   / Thoughts on Chevy Colorado or Ford Ranger #138  
Your "what?" had issues? Not the Ranger, I suspect...
Arly didn't like his Tacoma. I'd still look at one. Some people's design flaws are other people's features. I had bad luck with a Ranger and would sell one immediately if they gave me one for free. My only problem with the Tacoma is they are almost as much as a Tundra...so we got a used Tundra.

The biggest feature i look for in a vehicle is reliability. I don't care if it is covered under warranty, I just don't want it in the shop.

/ Thoughts on Chevy Colorado or Ford Ranger #139  
Thinking about getting a midsized truck. I like both the Ranger and Colorado. Are there any Colarado owners out there? Any likes/dislikes?
Having a Chevy and a Ford (1 personal 1 work) I can tell you I will never own another Ford again. In fact, my company bought 6 Ford F250's (2019) and all 6 had issues to the point they all were traded in for either Chevy or Dodge. Despite the mechanical issues the Ford also road rougher and sucked more fuel. Also, the Ford felt cheaper quality overall. Also try the Fords hands free calling at road speed. It sucks worse than their mechanical quality.