Thorny bush you must die.

/ Thorny bush you must die. #1  

dj1701

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 4320, Kubota BX2680
You know what time it is?
It's time to throw the pruners into the woods and go get Big Greenie. That bush is going back to hell from whence it
came!

20230412_125050.jpg

Last edited:
   / Thorny bush you must die. #2  
I hear ya brother. We spend about a month out of each year brush cutting.

1681334162902.jpeg

1681334121247.jpeg

/ Thorny bush you must die. #3  
Thorn apples arrrrr.

/ Thorny bush you must die. #4  
I am on a similar program to eradicate the thorny stuff in my forest. About four years ago I realized that the first thing to green up in my forest were the very things I was trying to get rid of. It is a battle, but I can tell I have made some progress. I can't use chemicals because my wife has an extreme sensitivity to and my entire forest is a water shed to a small lake.

Doug in SW IA

/ Thorny bush you must die. #6  
Been working on this for a few seasons. Was once a wall of autumn olive and berry vines. Nothing like the thorns on dead vines shooting out of the cutter and hitting like little point darts.
Fully suit up to go through this stuff. But still get cut up. Seems like a knife fight sometimes.
20230219_134808.jpg

/ Thorny bush you must die. #7  
I bought long cuffed rose pruning gloves... now I use them where ever they are needed.

/ Thorny bush you must die. #8  
I am on a similar program to eradicate the thorny stuff in my forest. About four years ago I realized that the first thing to green up in my forest were the very things I was trying to get rid of. It is a battle, but I can tell I have made some progress. I can't use chemicals because my wife has an extreme sensitivity to and my entire forest is a water shed to a small lake.

Doug in SW IA
Borrow some goats for early spring grazing?

All the best, Peter

/ Thorny bush you must die. #9  
Well,, I can tell none of YENS are from Pittsburgh,, because you are not using the correct name.

ALL of those plants are called "jagger bushes",,

:unsure:

/ Thorny bush you must die. #10  
So am I to assume that a regular mowing regimen will not eventually kill off the little ba$$tards? Sorry, I'm new to all this.