This is why you need a good bridge on your driveway

/ This is why you need a good bridge on your driveway #1  

bcp

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2360
Cement truck collapses private Sioux City bridge, rolls into creek | Local news | siouxcityjournal.com

A private bridge on Sioux City's northside collapsed Tuesday after a cement truck parked on it, causing the vehicle to roll over into Plum Creek.

cement-truck-bridge.jpg

========================================

Looks like two armed soldiers advancing toward the bridge.

Bruce

Attachments

• 55c125b7c1a73.image.jpg
    55c125b7c1a73.image.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 194
   / This is why you need a good bridge on your driveway #2  
Who would attempt driving a cement truck across a rickety wooden bridge?

/ This is why you need a good bridge on your driveway #3  
The driver was ignorant. You don't park a truck on a wooden bridge, espesially when there are NO RUNNING BOARDS ( the 2nd layer of boards in the wheel tracks). No running boards is a give away that the bridge is for light vehicles only. I used to drive concrete trucks, if in doubt, INSPECT.

/ This is why you need a good bridge on your driveway #4  
That one is 100% on the truck driver.

Absolutely no way that truck should have even tried to cross, let alone park on an non-road certified bridge.

"The wooden bridge was part of a private drive that led to a residence at [address redacted], in the vicinity of Briar Cliff University. The bridge's collapse temporarily cut off the home from the city street system. Authorities said they were unsure how soon it would take to reopen the bridge."

Re-open? Re-open what? Demo and rebuild.

/ This is why you need a good bridge on your driveway #5  
I wonder if the (idiot) driver was spinning the drum mixing? I can see where that would start a wobble that just didn't go away. They can shake pretty hard on hard ground until the load is wet and mixed.

/ This is why you need a good bridge on your driveway #6  
The driver should have reconnoitered the area before attempting to cross.

Look at the posts supporting the back deck in the pic. If they cannot get that right, what makes you think the bridge is OK?

Not to mention the armed team coming up for challenge.

/ This is why you need a good bridge on your driveway #7  
Just me or is that "armed team" a pair of mannequins/statues? ...not quite big enough to make out sufficient details, but they actually look like they are toting WW2 or Korean War-era gear ....

Definitely not much/any modern gear there.....

If so, it's quite the driveway entrance ..improvised bridge being (rather poorly) over-watched by two WW2/Korean war solider statues.

/ This is why you need a good bridge on your driveway #8  
Parked?!? Parked, on that bridge? Oof what an idiot move by the driver.

It says the bridge held for 5 minutes. With an est 60k+ lb load on it, I'm frankly somewhat impressed.

/ This is why you need a good bridge on your driveway #9  
Look at the posts supporting the back deck in the pic. If they cannot get that right, what makes you think the bridge is OK?

Good catch! You got that right.

/ This is why you need a good bridge on your driveway #10  
I wonder if the person with blood running down his face, beside the truck, is the driver?

Right click on picture, "open image in a new tab" enlarges the photo.