THIS is the definition of stuck!!!

/ THIS is the definition of stuck!!! #11  
It amazes me everytime I see someone running a loader or TLB with the bucket elevated so he is looking underneath it. Apparently these people have no clue what center of gravity means when it comes to making turns. Or better yet, roading a piece with the bucket elevated-I guess they think it improves visibility.

/ THIS is the definition of stuck!!!
It amazes me everytime I see someone running a loader or TLB with the bucket elevated so he is looking underneath it. Apparently these people have no clue what center of gravity means when it comes to making turns. Or better yet, roading a piece with the bucket elevated-I guess they think it improves visibility.
That made me cringe also. Especially when the LR tire started coming up out of the hole and the tractor tilted sideways.
I've watched and enjoyed most of his videos. Yet some of the things they do make me cringe; like the time they dragged a car out of the desert with no tires, doors flapping in the breeze, and two of his crew members riding in the car.

Recently a couple of videos have come out about the death of an off roader, who was killed when the drop hitch failed while trying to do a kinetic recovery, sending it through the windshield. If you watch the entire video you will noticed that he lifted the hood on a stuck truck before attempting to pull it. He also has been using the winch more and more.

I can't wait to see the maiden voyage of the off road wrecker.

Last edited:
   / THIS is the definition of stuck!!! #13  
I've learned that You won't get stuck if you keep moving.

:)

Bruce

/ THIS is the definition of stuck!!! #15  
That made me cringe also. Especially when the LR tire started coming up out of the hole and the tractor tilted sideways.
I've watched and enjoyed most of his videos. Yet some of the things they do make me cringe; like the time they dragged a car out of the desert with no tires, doors flapping in the breeze, and two of his crew members riding in the car.

Recently a couple of videos have come out about the death of an off roader, who was killed when the drop hitch failed while trying to do a kinetic recovery, sending it through the windshield. If you watch the entire video you will noticed that he lifted the hood on a stuck truck before attempting to pull it. He also has been using the winch more and more.

I can't wait to see the maiden voyage of the off road wrecker.
Matt got child protective services called on him over that one. Lizzy was a minor when she was riding/driving that metal sled of a car.

I watch farmers do the same thing while driving down the road with a round hay bale on the bale spear.

You win!!!! :D
There are some pretty good equipment recovery videos on Youtube, also. This is one where the operator was smart enough to shut it down before doing permanent damage.
Letsdig18 is a heck of an operator.

/ THIS is the definition of stuck!!! #16  
I got stuck with the M6040 once. It wasn't deep mud - it was slick mud. So.... I didn't really sink any at all. Pulled myself out with the bucket.

Two good points on the video. It's not the ocean so - no tides. The engine remains above water so - no engine damage.

/ THIS is the definition of stuck!!! #17  
I will share this interesting story form the old days. One of my grandfather friend that my dad and uncles used to hang out to go fishing or hunting with when they where kids had a little Ford two wheels drive tractor and he would use this tractor like a quad (quads didn't exist back then this was the early 70's) He would cross creaks, ravine and muskeg, he would drive it until it got stuck then make a camp firer, have lunch, then he would get up and say lets get to work ... He would tie the chains on a trees then pass the chains under the front axel and he had hooks welded on the rims that he would tied it on and used the rear wheels as a winch and I tell you he went everywhere with this tractor there was nothing that could stop him and he never got stuck to the point he wasn't able to get out...

Last edited:
   / THIS is the definition of stuck!!! #18  
I occasionally watch 'Letsdig18's videos too. I always get a charge out of his 'tree removal's. That Volvo really takes trees out quick. He's a very good operator.

I've learned that You won't get stuck if you keep moving.

:)

Bruce
I had to think about this one for a minute... when I first read it at about 4:00 this morning.
Matt got child protective services called on him over that one. Lizzy was a minor when she was riding/driving that metal sled of a car.
I didn't realize that. Some of the things that he shows though, make me wonder what his insurance company thinks.

Apparently somebody also filed a complaint about his dogs; THAT one I don't understand. It reminded me of the post SoundGuy made a few years about the complaint somebody had made about his aging horse out in the field. Some people need to get a life, or at least worry more about their own problems.