This is interesting Web Security?

/ This is interesting Web Security? #52  
When I have purchased from somebody on FB mp, the sellers have used their real names. I would run away from any transaction where the seller is using a fake name. I wouldn't be able to believe anything he was saying when we discussed the item he was selling. I wouldn't write a check to somebody with two names. I've seen too many people scammed.
I was just on FB looking at ZT mowers, and was shown a nice a for a used Kubota mid-size tractor, from the pictures looked to be in great condition. "Still for sale for $1200" Hmm, and in a dozen or more far-spread cities as well.

The seller had a very legit-looking account. So much for being able to trust by those metrics.
I reported 5 or 6 of the postings.

/ This is interesting Web Security? #53  
Before I buy anything, I ask to look at the seller's drivers license. If it doesn't match his FB account, there's a problem.

/ This is interesting Web Security? #54  
Before I buy anything, I ask to look at the seller's drivers license. If it doesn't match his FB account, there's a problem.
For me, the ability to sell on FB marketplace isn't worth the prerequisite of selling my soul (ID) to Meta-stasis.
No doubt it already knows more about me than I do, but the facade of anonymity feels good.

Not to mention their marketplace is designed to keep you there looking for what you really wanted in the first place, rather than showing you anything that might possibly be related to what you're searching for. I've looked high and low, but not found a way to focus the results of a search the way one can do on Craigslist. FB just wants my eyeball time, does not care how it gets that.

I just feel... used... when I visit FB. I know, when something is free, I'm the product. FB feels evil to me, the way it manipulates users, and censors them when an algorithm gets its bits in a bunch.