This 4:30 will save you hours of you life...

/ This 4:30 will save you hours of you life... #1  

Dadnatron

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 5100e with FEL
I have used ratchet straps for many many years. I always keep them rolled up and hooked together, and my system works... but not as well as this one does.

/ This 4:30 will save you hours of you life... #2  
*awesome!*
just went through all my straps and lazy wrapping them last night. looks like i will be going back at them tomorrow

thx for video!

/ This 4:30 will save you hours of you life... #3  
I truey appreciated the video instruction on useful storage and deployment of ratchet straps. But the idea that such knowledge will "save hours of your life" is preposterous!

How difficult are ratchet straps even at their worst? We are not all nincompoops!@

/ This 4:30 will save you hours of you life... #4  
I do not see this saving any time in the long run. It would take me less time to just fix a tangle or reset a ratchet than to roll it up like that.

/ This 4:30 will save you hours of you life... #5  
I truey appreciated the video instruction on useful storage and deployment of ratchet straps. But the idea that such knowledge will "save hours of your life" is preposterous!

How difficult are ratchet straps even at their worst? We are not all nincompoops!@

*laughing hard* count me as a nincompoop! straps were wrapped up, after some bumps end up in a ball of mess, some of the smaller ones 1" width, have knots in them. the larger and longer ones, always end up tangled some how.

if i could i would Best Way to Store an Extension Cord - YouTube do this with the longer straps. just does not really work out when straps are 2" to 4" width. *big frown*

i had a nice neatly wound 100 foot cable all coiled up nicely to hang neatly in shed. used for felling trees, pulling stuck tractors, vehicles out of mud, and like. spent over 30 minutes easily trying to unwind the stinking thing. due to kept un-coiling into another piece of it. redid the cable with above extension cord doing, and done and over with within 3 to 5 minutes. primarly taking long to walk around to make sure i had the middle of the cable.

it going to take me another 30 minutes to 2 hours easily fussing with the smaller straps getting the knots out of them. straps primarly used to strap in coolers, and light weigh stuff, but the knots kinda do not work well with the rachet :/

/ This 4:30 will save you hours of you life... #6  
I saw this and also went and cleaned up a basket of ratchets.
One set was trivial to do, but the other had much longer attachment so it didn't work as well.
The way I see it, this will save me time when I actually need the straps (which tends to be a busy time) and you can wind them up neatly during slack times later. Beats the heck out of my old system (toss them in a basket and sort the mess out as needed, which gets worse and worse) or what I've seen others do (wind them up and rubber band them or put them in ziplocs (!)).

About the extension cords: I learned that on a job site way back when, had 100' 12ga cords... the method is identical to crocheting, using your hand as the crochet hook. Now you know you can make a hat, too.

/ This 4:30 will save you hours of you life... #7  
*laughing hard* count me as a nincompoop! straps were wrapped up, after some bumps end up in a ball of mess, some of the smaller ones 1" width, have knots in them. the larger and longer ones, always end up tangled some how.

if i could i would Best Way to Store an Extension Cord - YouTube do this with the longer straps. just does not really work out when straps are 2" to 4" width. *big frown*

i had a nice neatly wound 100 foot cable all coiled up nicely to hang neatly in shed. used for felling trees, pulling stuck tractors, vehicles out of mud, and like. spent over 30 minutes easily trying to unwind the stinking thing. due to kept un-coiling into another piece of it. redid the cable with above extension cord doing, and done and over with within 3 to 5 minutes. primarly taking long to walk around to make sure i had the middle of the cable.

it going to take me another 30 minutes to 2 hours easily fussing with the smaller straps getting the knots out of them. straps primarly used to strap in coolers, and light weigh stuff, but the knots kinda do not work well with the rachet :/

When "strapping in a cooler" is the issue, Time is important. There must be beer in those coolers! ;-)

/ This 4:30 will save you hours of you life...
CalG... perhaps you don't strap things down as much as some.

If I can save 5 min every time I load and strap, I will save at least 2 hours each year. It isn't the 'winding up' that is the issue. It is the hooking up and storage which is where that time can be saved.

/ This 4:30 will save you hours of you life... #9  
Thanks for sharing that!
Will use this for my extra straps in the cross-box and shop (I have evil Gremlins that will tangle and knot them up! Only explanation I have), but I think I will still roll up my primary 4 the old way and keep them in my 50 cal box. They stay very neat in there and its a grab-n-go.
Never cared for the "crochet" style cord storage. Still seemed to take up to much room and I don't need the 50' or 100' very often. I prefer these. https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51x5u76H3iL.jpg

/ This 4:30 will save you hours of you life... #10  
Pretty handy