Loader Third Function Aux Hydraulics Kit install for B2650

/ Third Function Aux Hydraulics Kit install for B2650
It was too cold tonight to mess with the leak. I'll do that at lunch later today.
So I have another question for anyone who runs a Grapple. I'm thinking about this one. Everything Attachments Compact Wicked Root Grapple 50"
I need to add quick disconnect adapters at the front of the loader arms at the bracket. The dealer said the 3rd function valve assembly came with caps on them. So the question is, which sex adapter do I put each line? I'd like the top button to open, and the bottom button to close. Here's a picture of the capped ends at the bracket. b2650_fel_3rd_1.jpg. Can anyone tell me line what sex each coupler is on the two lines on the EA Grapple. I just can't quite see fully where the lines go to the cylinder in the pic from EA. EA_lightweight.png. Here's a pic I copied from the video. It's still hard to see. I think this is correct. I'm done with trying to figure this out. If anyone knows which one is which, fire away.EA_lightweight2.png

Last edited:
   / Third Function Aux Hydraulics Kit install for B2650 #22  
You may need to do trial and error to figure out what hose maps to the buttons on your controls, but that is common. I'd suggest putting female quick connects on the loader frame hose ends, and males on the implement. That way you can always switch them or accommodate other implements in the future. Most rear remote hookups are setup that way. The first time I hooked up my hydraulic top link, I determined which way I wanted the hoses for logical operation, and then put colored tape on the hoses and remotes for future reference.

EA most likely ships with hoses but no connects, or maybe no hoses at all, but check with them. They'd have no way of knowing what type of connect is on the customer's tractor, what hose length is needed, or what the customer's preference is. I am sure they could setup hoses and connectors exactly the way you want, but you can also order from discounthydraulichose.com (TBN sponsor) and get exactly what you need custom made to length, with the connectors you want, and shipped in a couple days. After using them a few times, I no longer buy stock-length hoses locally or fiddle with adapters.

/ Third Function Aux Hydraulics Kit install for B2650 #23  
BTW, here's a shot of my rear remote connections (this is a Kubota kit). Females on the tractor, males on the hoses.

IMG_4762.jpg

Thanks on the QA fittings suggestions. btw-I fixed the leak myself. The fitting above the elbow was only finger tight. I could move it with out a wrench. I told the dealer I was very surprised they didn't check it, especially after I forked over $900+ for the valve. He claimed they did and they tested it- I say BS. It was leaking before I even used it.
Anyway I asked for torque settings on all the fittings around the valve and he sent me three WSM pictures of the assembly instructions. Here they are for everyone in the world to see..lol.. 1-1.JPG1-2.JPG1-3.JPG

Last edited:
   / Third Function Aux Hydraulics Kit install for B2650 #27  
Hi S219,

I have a L4018 and looking for the kit, where can I find it? Thank you

Don't know about that model, but the Kubota dealer can order this stuff through their Wholegoods catalog.

/ Third Function Aux Hydraulics Kit install for B2650 #28  
I have an 50" EA grapple and they use an AG style connector. I bought 2 more from them for the tractor and have it set up with a male and female on the tractor and male/female on the grapple so I can't hook it up backwards. They will ask you what you want 3/8 or 1/2 when you order.

/ Third Function Aux Hydraulics Kit install for B2650 #29  
If you have never used a PTO auger with a position control hydraulics tractor, give it a try b/f spending more money. It is much easier to control the digging rate with position control so you don't bury your auger. If you have used it with position control, well, never mind.