Thinkin about..

/ Thinkin about.. #31  
Have 3 Stihl's (pre noise police), 075, 028 and a MS pre and all good. Just bought an Echo top handle. Nice saw but will need some dremel work on the muffler. Keep in mind that Echo's warranty (on all of them) is 1 year commercial and 5 residential.

Stihl has basically priced themselves out of the market today and they all need (new ones), muff mods as well as rejetted.
Can you explain what you do on the muffler with a dremel?

/ Thinkin about.. #32  
Simple, open it up to allow the exhaust unfettered exit. I of course leave the USDA spark screen intact but it gets cleaned regularly as well. Problem with especially the new Stihl's is Stihl has really chocked them down to comply with European noise regs.

/ Thinkin about.. #33  
If you are used to a ms271 farm boss the ms261C will be a huge upgrade. I have a ms291 farm boss and got a 261C and was amazed at the difference. The bars and chains are inter-changeable for me so no brainer. Huge difference.

/ Thinkin about.. #35  
I really don't care for the new MS saws in general. Way over priced and way to quiet.
I would be ok if they made no noise at all, main thing for me is that they cut;)… And first time I used the ms261C after using the 291 for 10 years, I wondered why I waited so long. It “cut“ down my firewood time by almost half for my 10-12 cords. See what I did there…

/ Thinkin about.. #36  
Cut speed has little to do with power and more to do with the saw chain and I'd never have a noiseless chainsaw as I don't cotton to battery powered saws.

/ Thinkin about.. #37  
Cut speed has little to do with power and more to do with the saw chain and I'd never have a noiseless chainsaw as I don't cotton to battery powered saws.
With any tool, it needs to do the job that it is intended to do at least comparable to my current tool. At this point there is not a battery powered anything that does that for me. But unlike some the intended purpose is the most important trait. In this case, cutting wood. And you are a magician with a chainsaw if you can make my ms291 cut as fast as my ms261. They have the exact same bar and chain on them. They are both in like new condition. The ms261 just flat out cuts a lot faster.

Please start another thread to tell me how to make both my saws cut at the same speed. I would appreciate that info.

/ Thinkin about.. #39  
   / Thinkin about.. #40  
How about any of the suggested saws used in great condition? Half of the saws out there get pretty light use. I bought an MS361 for $175 opened up the muff and she is a screamer..