Things to look for/ get at delivery

/ Things to look for/ get at delivery #1  

Redleafmaple

Tractor
Bobcat CT2025 HST
My ct2025 is finally built and ready for delivery. What are some key items and questions to add to my list?

I have the basics I think
- make sure there's the owners manuals and papers for the implements
-includes road triangle
- had 3 point parts

/ Things to look for/ get at delivery #3  
First tractor?

-have them show you all the grease points…then confirm in the manual after they leave…and check that it’s greased
-have them show you the daily/weekly/monthly checks…then confirm in the manual after they leave
-have them demonstrate all speeds, hydraulic operations and provide any pointers. Use this time to listen to your tractor and ask about any funny or off noises.
-before you operate the tractor get out your wrenches and torque wrench and check everything…then check again after 5-10 hrs.

Other than that, take it slow, carry it low, and have fun. They are nothing but little smile generators.

/ Things to look for/ get at delivery #4  
Congratulations!
I agree that Tractor Therapy will produce a positive outlook on life even at @ $5.50/gal.
Ask around and find off-road diesel and save 10% or more per gallon. Off-road is died red without the DOT taxes applied at the pump.

You will want to confirm if the dealer includes the 50-hour full fluid change at no charge. One owner said their dealer did. Mine did not.
The hats and gloves are not quality. The leather gloves self-destructed on the second use.

If you have the mid-mount mower kit installed, have them show you that the inner & outer retainer cotter pins are actually installed on both of the 3-pt lift arm lower pivots. My dealer left 1of2 out on each side. The bracket thickness partially covered the drilled hole, requiring I reduce the thickness of the mower lift bracket that rests on the 3-pt lift arms. I found it when it slide off the pivot while in use. Can you say PITA! Know before you go.

Look over any dealer installed options and FEL for potential chafe (rub) points that will cut into those expensive hydraulic hoses and electrical wires if left unprotected. (wear & tear not covered under warranty)

If you bought the Bobcat rotor-tiller, confirm that the dealer cut the PTO shaft to fit correctly. Mine was so long it could not be disconnected while installed on 3-pt hitch. Had to disconnect 3-pt, than drive forward an inch to get off the PTO drive shaft. Delaer delivered it with the tiller installed. Had it been operated, it would have surely damaged the transimission PTO thrust bearing. This is from a lazy untrained assembly mechanic. Simple fix with a hacksaw to fit the shaft, but still...

If you think you'll be getting a quick hitch later, this will sit the implement about 3" farther away from the PTO and no shaft cutting required. Another tip. Look at the Speeco CAT 1 economy Quick hitch (E-Hitch). My local tractor supply special ordered mine for pickup at the store. Total price after tax was $179. Today's small dealer wholesale is $169 before freight and tax. Most online sources are $400-$550. This hitch does NOT need bushings for each implement like all the other Quick-Hithes. A HUGE $$ savings! 2/3 base price, plus no need to pay $30 per implement for all those CAT 1 bushings installed on each implement. SpeeCo - S14116000 - Category 1 E-Hitch (economy)

Watch those branches and those turn-signals:
When working around trees & brush, they will snag branches and break off. They are behind your normal periphreial view when looking forward. I was able to epoxy repair the housing and later made 1/8" x 2" x 26" flat steel brush guards the encircle the light. They are drilled to use the existing mounting hole as the light. Local machine shop, tractor supply, or hardware has the mild-steel flat stock. I used 26" per light.

Don't even consider buying the service manual ($160) - reach out to me first.

The advice to go slow and low should be emphasized. Be carefull while using rear implements with the FEL installed. Most new operators don't realize that the FEL can be too low and snag the ground, stump, curb, etc. while driving forward. In low gear, the CT2025 has enough torque to over-pressurize and blow-out the steel hydraulic tubing and hoses on the loader (or worse). This can also happen if using the loader and driving into a pile at too high a speed.

If you read and heed the operator's manual cautions and operate within the limitations of your personal knowledge, you will not have any of the surprises above.

/ Things to look for/ get at delivery #5  
Extra ignition key,do walk around check for leaks dings/dents.

/ Things to look for/ get at delivery
Thanks for the replies, it is my first tractor and I think it's helpful to hear others opinions and learn from it. With diesel prices so high, is it better to idle down and leave running while working or shut off every time and put more wear on the starter. Let's say you're just going around and putting stuff in the bucket and have alot of stops on the way. Do you turn it off and save fuel or leave it idling to save the starter wear?

/ Things to look for/ get at delivery #7  
Leave it running but reduce the 'revs'. Diesel engine typically "sip" fuel.

You'll find, after getting used to your tractor, that there will be its own working revs setting... my 4105 will work all day at 2100 & a 'titch'. Going above it is just wasting fuel.

If you're driving the tractor on the road, ensure that you are in 2WD and bring the revs up to 2500 for the duration of the trip, then bring the revs down to the 'working revs' + 4WD.