The Value of Getting Outdoors....

/ The Value of Getting Outdoors.... #11  
Thank you deserteagle71 for facing an enemy so many didn't and still don't acknowledge. Your comrades become fewer each day,I pray they are never forgotten.

/ The Value of Getting Outdoors.... #12  
The outdoors is my “therapy”. I have no issues but some creeping CTE, but being outside with the sights, smells, sounds of nature is like my ”office” I want to be at all the time.

Nothing better than a sunny 70* day and plenty of work to do. Peeps don’t know what they’re missing all cooped up inside.

/ The Value of Getting Outdoors.... #13  
The outdoors is my “therapy”. I have no issues but some creeping CTE, but being outside with the sights, smells, sounds of nature is like my ”office” I want to be at all the time.

Nothing better than a sunny 70* day and plenty of work to do. Peeps don’t know what they’re missing all cooped up inside.

Exactly! Well said!

/ The Value of Getting Outdoors....
No one has to tell me the value of outdoors and wide open spaces.

When I came back from Vietnam a troubled soul, I think moving to the Nevada desert is the only thing that kept me alive. There is some kind of solace for me in all that emptiness, all that stillness. I could never live in a city.

My world, yesterday as the sun was setting:
View attachment 841106
Freedom isn't free. That phrase stuck with me as a kid, re. the military. Unfortunately, in recent years, that has taken on a broader meaning for me. Thank you, and all our veterans, for your service.

The costs of war are many, and I have significant issues (as a civilian) with how our Canadian veterans have been treated in recent years, by an indifferent govt. Coming "home" to an actively hostile reception as you did, is nothing anybody should ever have to go through.

Unlike some tiny countries, Canada and the USA have tremendous outdoor resources, which some of us are fortunate enough to access. Even for just a little while, is a big boost.....

Thanks for posting your "backyard" pic.... in the day to day trivial nonsense I deal w. @ work, I'll poach that to use as Chill wallpaper on my desk.

Nature helps us remember a bigger picture.

Rgds, D.

/ The Value of Getting Outdoors.... #15  
There used to be a program that would take kids from NYC and send them to spend part of the summer here in rural Maine; I don't know if it still exists, but as a kid on the outside looking on it seemed a good program. One key thing was, however, that when the city kids arrived they were often terrified. How they projected that, well it varied, but to an 11 year old from New York a calf was a cow, and a cow was an absolute monster. This fear subsided with time, as it would, but we had to be quite mindful of the culture shock.

My cousin's family took a kid in one summer and it was rough at first, that fear projecting through attitude and anger, but they worked through it and he was part of their family by the time he went home.

/ The Value of Getting Outdoors.... #16  
No one has to tell me the value of outdoors and wide open spaces.

When I came back from Vietnam a troubled soul, I think moving to the Nevada desert is the only thing that kept me alive. There is some kind of solace for me in all that emptiness, all that stillness. I could never live in a city.

My world, yesterday as the sun was setting:
View attachment 841106

Absolutely beautiful. Family brought me back to Maine, and is the only reason I'm still here. The middle of nowhere screams to me constantly, and I refuse the call. Though my middle of nowhere might differ a little, your little slice of heaven still maintains the same basic ideals I suspect.

My generation owes yours a debt of gratitude, as at least we haven't been spit on. May you get to enjoy your oasis for many years to come, brother.

/ The Value of Getting Outdoors....
AR is a hobby of mine..... been active @ a low level for a long time. Guys like Adam are great at reminding me to take my radio "for a walk".

Most young people today don't know a world w/o screens 24x7..... good for us oldsters too, getting away from the screens....

(As he sits typing and drinking a coffee....:cool: .... but I'm heading for outdoor chores soon !).

Rgds, D.