The Value of Getting Outdoors....

/ The Value of Getting Outdoors.... #1  

3930dave

Tractor
Ford 3930
OK, I know I'm preaching to the choir here :cool: .....

Just wanted to post this below, as a Christmas tip'o the hat to people that are going out of their way to introduce others to the Great Outdoors !

A Powerful Introduction to Nature for Kids Who Rarely See It

Regards, and Best of the Season Wishes,

Dave

/ The Value of Getting Outdoors.... #2  
Unfortunately so many people only know that food comes from a grocery store. Not thinking of apples from trees, flour from wheat, and that steak from a steer. Veggies from a garden?

And, of course your F150 was once rocks in a big hole in the ground.

/ The Value of Getting Outdoors....
Certainly value, in educating people about Why Farms Matter...... but I also view this from another angle.....

The ability to not constantly be stuck in a high-density city, just staring at concrete and people. I know how much that matters, to me !

Rgds, D.

/ The Value of Getting Outdoors....
From another angle yet.... one for the low-power AR folks.....

I liked the desert I saw (real world, years back) in the SW, more than I expected to.... saw too little, would like to get back some day. Appreciated the headsup on those jumping round terror-needles tho....

Rgds, D.

/ The Value of Getting Outdoors.... #5  
Unfortunately so many people only know that food comes from a grocery store. Not thinking of apples from trees, flour from wheat, and that steak from a steer. Veggies from a garden?

And, of course your F150 was once rocks in a big hole in the ground.
And EV batteries and cars also come from big holes in the ground, many of which are dug & processed by underpaid labor in 3rd world countries. ;)

/ The Value of Getting Outdoors.... #7  
No one has to tell me the value of outdoors and wide open spaces.

When I came back from Vietnam a troubled soul, I think moving to the Nevada desert is the only thing that kept me alive. There is some kind of solace for me in all that emptiness, all that stillness. I could never live in a city.

My world, yesterday as the sun was setting:
P1005311ertbn12-28-23.jpg

/ The Value of Getting Outdoors.... #9  
Yes, thank you and welcome home Deserteagle71. I can only hope the suffering you went through heals with time. I can never understand what you went through….
I hope God Blesses you with a peaceful life.
Stay well my friend.

/ The Value of Getting Outdoors.... #10  
I had a paid subscription to Texas Monthly for years then dropped it because of hate mongering and race-baiting sprinkled throughout otherwise fine articles like the one linked by op in first post. The outdoors is a wonderful classroom for kids plus mental therapy for kids and adults.