The Tractor Scam 2018 Kubota Grand L4760

/ The Tractor Scam 2018 Kubota Grand L4760 #62  
I have tagged so many of these scams and reported them to Facebook but they don't care. Even searching "local" doesn't filter these pirates out. Just be suspicious and watch and ask this forum. JM

No, they don't care, I've flagged many also. However, put a legit add out there for garden tilling or bushhogging and watch how quickly they bounce that add and threaten to ban you from marketplace. Absurd.

/ The Tractor Scam 2018 Kubota Grand L4760 #63  
When I'm looking at used equipment it's always Tractor House or my dealer.

• Good Post
Reactions: JJT
   / The Tractor Scam 2018 Kubota Grand L4760 #64  
When I'm looking at used equipment it's always Tractor House or my dealer.
Well then you are leaving out a lot of potential deals. I've bought things off of Tractorhouse, CL and Marketplace and so far, I find marketplace to be the easiest and source for the best deals. As far as the scammers, they are very easy to spot by just following a few rules.

1. if it looks too good to be true, it probably is. 2. If it is a bigger ticket item, make them call a cell phone... call not text. A scammer will almost never make a phone call. 3. Anything that says they are out of town, on Vac., out of country blah blah, don't bite. Even if they are legit on vacation drop them.

/ The Tractor Scam 2018 Kubota Grand L4760 #65  
I have had two family members get scammed from craigslist ads. One was my second wife's mom. She fell for a deal on an antique she saw on line. The other was my brother. he was taking a job in a new city and was trying to find an apartment. The great deal on a small apartment over a carriage house was a scam. Both tried to vet the deal and thought they’ll had been careful. He isn't usually unsophisticated enough to be susceptible to that kind of scam but they cast these wide nets because you never know when you will find someone who is ready to be your next victim.

/ The Tractor Scam 2018 Kubota Grand L4760 #66  
I just learned of a scam that ruined a guy. He is a friend of a friend, and she told me that he lost all his money to this scam, and when he realized what had happened, he just lost the will to live. He passed a way a few months ago. I don't know how much money he lost, but I believe it was a significant amount.

The scam was that he had won $28 million dollars. Before he could receive the money, he had to pay the tax to the IRS. He thought it was a scam, but after contacting the IRS, and verifying that the $28 million dollars was legitimate, he paid the tax money. When the money never arrived, he figured out that the IRS office that he had called was part of the scam. I don't know how they did that, or any other details. I just learned about it last week when my friend listed his house and mentioned that he had passed away and she was handling his estate. The house is listed for $2 million.

/ The Tractor Scam 2018 Kubota Grand L4760 #67  
Sorry, all of these are just more examples of people who don't know how to actually check these things out. Most of them start with a email. Then move to phone calls. Just checking the ip addresses and names of the senders will easily say these are a joke to begin with. If you don't know how to figure these things out then before you send some stranger money maybe you should.

/ The Tractor Scam 2018 Kubota Grand L4760 #68  
Reverse picture and or description searches I'm not tech savvy by any means but I figured how to do that at least.

/ The Tractor Scam 2018 Kubota Grand L4760 #69  
Well then you are leaving out a lot of potential deals. I've bought things off of Tractorhouse, CL and Marketplace and so far, I find marketplace to be the easiest and source for the best deals. As far as the scammers, they are very easy to spot by just following a few rules.

1. if it looks too good to be true, it probably is. 2. If it is a bigger ticket item, make them call a cell phone... call not text. A scammer will almost never make a phone call. 3. Anything that says they are out of town, on Vac., out of country blah blah, don't bite. Even if they are legit on vacation drop them.
I don't look for deals, never have actually. My dealer (whom I work for part time) always gives me the best deal and I never feel slighted at all, but then I almost always buy new equipment anyway. Don't like used equipment because most times used = someone else's problems. In fact, the only used tractor I even bought was my open station M9 and I had my dealer go through it before it came to the farm. Don't have time for breakdown's and I don't like dealing with someone else's issues either.

I have recently purchased a Kubota F series diesel front mount mower from him and he sold it new to the county fair board and they traded it on a brand new one (that I really cannot afford to buy new) and he has went completely through it and tells me it's 100% and I have no reason to doubt him whatsoever. I've known him for 30 years now and I only deal with him.

No, I don't like buying a 'pig in a poke' off some site like market place or CL or whatever. Learned long ago that if it's too good to be true, it likely isn't. Besides, my dealer will back up anything I buy from him, a CL or marketplace seller won't backup beans.