"The Thumb" on bucket or forks?

/ "The Thumb" on bucket or forks?
Anyone else have pics of "The Thumb" mounted on their pallet forks? There's gotta be more of them out there.

/ "The Thumb" on bucket or forks? #12  
Anyone else have pics of "The Thumb" mounted on their pallet forks? There's gotta be more of them out there.

With pallet forks on loader and with smaller pallet forks on Ventrac front hitch.

Attachments

• IMG_0294sm.JPG
    IMG_0294sm.JPG
    169.8 KB · Views: 272
  • IMG_0450 copy.jpg
    IMG_0450 copy.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 302
   / "The Thumb" on bucket or forks?
Thanks

/ "The Thumb" on bucket or forks? #14  
Homemade thumb on forks

Attachments

• grapple test.jpg
    grapple test.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 283
  • grapple003.jpg
    grapple003.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 285
   / "The Thumb" on bucket or forks? #15  
My set-up.

Attachments

• 100_0827 (Small).jpg
    100_0827 (Small).jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 558
  • 100_0834 (Small).jpg
    100_0834 (Small).jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 266
   / "The Thumb" on bucket or forks? #16  
birdman that looks great but in the first pic your lifter arms seem,,,,,,, antiquated? :laughing:

OK 2nd pic is better!

Nice pile!

/ "The Thumb" on bucket or forks? #17  
My modified Titan forks with a greens machine thumb, inspired by another member on this site

IMG_9110.jpgIMG_9112.jpgIMG_9113.jpgIMG_9114.jpgIMG_9120.jpg

/ "The Thumb" on bucket or forks? #18  
Thanks for the posting. Nice work on your fabrication.

I do like the idea of a thumb on my CUT, and put one on my B21 that had no SSQA. However, with my LS I have SSQA and so I wonder about the value of investing $555 (delivered) for The Thumb when I can buy a light duty, two-cylinder root grapple for a bit more - well, a little less than double the price is maybe more than a "bit" more - but then I'm not toting around the weight of The Thumb on my forks or bucket when I don't need it.

I have my forks on maybe 75% of the time and I can lift almost anything I want, including large logs, with the forks and no grapple thumb. When a thumb would be most useful would be when grubbing out brush and then I would love to have a root grapple that can really dig in. I have a 4n1 bucket and I do use this for grabbing and pulling up brush by the roots but a grapple would be better for the purpose with less weight.

PICT4769.JPG

/ "The Thumb" on bucket or forks? #19  
You have a valid point. I strongly considered just buying a grapple, however I felt that I would not use it enough. Also I didn't want another implement to try to store inside (I hate leaving things out in the elements). Also, I plan to add an additional thumb mount to my bucket so that I can swap the thumb between the bucket and forks if I desire to do so.

/ "The Thumb" on bucket or forks? #20  
Yes, good point and I saw another post where the owner bought two thumb mounts for his bucket and forks. I have a 36'x48' barn with a 12'x48' covered carport running along one side so storage is not an issue for me, guess I have to remember everyone is not as lucky.

I have not made the decision to get a root grapple yet, haven't "needed" one but I would "like" one some day.

Thanks for sharing your experiences though.