The psychology of tractor colors.

/ The psychology of tractor colors. #1  

arrow

Tractor
Mahindra 3016
The nearby Mahindra dealer got in some Landtracs. Look like nicely built tractors. Upon looking at the color (purple) with black rims, my senses did not know what to make of the color chosen. I mean it looked kinda nice but nothing in my mind build drew me into wanting this color tractor. This led to another thought: If I owned a tractor company, what color would I paint them? Associations to tractor colors must have something to do with when were kids as I keep going back to all yellow or all orange which were the predominant colors of construction equipment back when I was a youngin. I like those colors best even though I own green. There are a slew of tractor companies kind of using the family of colors that everyone else is using but to stand out from the crowd ,I do not think car colors look good on tractors and red has been beat to death but keep thinking of a gold and white tractor with black rims with gold as the wheel lip color might look good. So if you owned a tractor company, what color/colors would you choose to help sell your tractors?

/ The psychology of tractor colors. #3  
Yellow with green wheels, named Don Jeere.

Bruce

/ The psychology of tractor colors.
Whatever the buyers want.:thumbsup:

hmm, you bring up a point here Egon. With the exception of some Chinese brands and Landtrac and maybe a couple more I don't know about, the buyer has no real choice of colors as brands want to be associated with their color. Probably all **** would break loose if you could pick amongst a variety of tractor colors as you can with autos. Then like car companies, you'd have to come up with a pleasing "shape" for the tractor every few years to stand out from the crowd as they already have gotten into hp races.

/ The psychology of tractor colors. #10  
The reason construction equipment is yellow and orange is safety. To be seen!