The one thing that you wonder why you didn't buy sooner?

/ The one thing that you wonder why you didn't buy sooner? #401  
What do you mean by "wrong" one? Box store vs pro model?
How's maintenance on these things, like getting at blades to replace/sharpen them? Easy enough to pull the mower deck on a lawn tractor, but these seem to have them mounted under the mower itself. Not everyone has a lift.

To add to the comments above, yes picking the wrong machine for your needs or buying cheap is the source of most of the complaints Ive seen. Buy the deck width that is suitable for your yard, most tend to go too big when that can be counter intuitive sometimes. Box store brands tend to be cheaply built with stamped decks, uncomfortable seats, tiny tires, cheap and unserviceable hydro motors and lower end engines. The wrong seat will make you hate life! I used my neighbors Cub Cadet Zero turn before I bought my Exmark and the seat on his was awful! No arm rests, very hard seat with poor ergonomics and terrible springs under it. It also didn't mow very well. You dont need to go full on commercial to get a quality built machine with good components, just stay away from the ones you see sitting out in front of the Lowes and Home Depot stores. Visit a dealer that sells something like Exmark, Scag, Wright, John Deere ect. Just like lawn tractors, you get what you pay for. Ive had my Exmark for about 10 years now and it was around $3,800 back then and its their homeowner model but has a really nice fabricated deck, Kawasaki engine and good entry level commercial hydro motors, was only $500 more than my neighbor paid for his Cub Cadet from Tractor Supply and it is a much nicer unit. Cut quality is not even comparable to my old JD and it easily mows twice as fast. I love mowing now, its like sitting in a lazy boy! I stretch out my legs, put on some tunes and cruise. Very comfortable.

As for maintenance, its easy. Oil changes are simple and its easier to get to the underside of the deck to take care of blades or whatnot than my lawn tractor was. A jack under the front gets it high enough to get my impact under it to swap blades, or to get myself under it to scrape the deck.

/ The one thing that you wonder why you didn't buy sooner? #402  
On Black Friday I happen to spot for sale on Amazon a 55a plasma cutter on special for $99.99. I have always thought about having one but could not justify spending several hundreds for one. I always in the past just cut with a torch, cut off wheels or saws. After getting this in and getting it all setup I tried it out this morning. It is a no touch Pilot model with no HF (high frequency) therefore safer for electronics you might cut close to.

Wow!

Although I likely will only occasionally use it going forward it cuts steel like no tomorrow. Why didn't I buy one sooner?

Attachments

• P1010008.JPG
    P1010008.JPG
    971.1 KB · Views: 79
  • P1010005.JPG
    P1010005.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 81
  • P1010006.JPG
    P1010006.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 84
  • P1010007.JPG
    P1010007.JPG
    846 KB · Views: 85
   / The one thing that you wonder why you didn't buy sooner? #403  
3rd function and grapple

/ The one thing that you wonder why you didn't buy sooner? #404  
On Black Friday I happen to spot for sale on Amazon a 55a plasma cutter on special for $99.99. I have always thought about having one but could not justify spending several hundreds for one. I always in the past just cut with a torch, cut off wheels or saws. After getting this in and getting it all setup I tried it out this morning. It is a no touch Pilot model with no HF (high frequency) therefore safer for electronics you might cut close to.

Wow!

Although I likely will only occasionally use it going forward it cuts steel like no tomorrow. Why didn't I buy one sooner?
maybe I need one as well. :unsure:

/ The one thing that you wonder why you didn't buy sooner? #405  
So doing last minute Xmas shopping for others stumbled across a heated Milwaukee zip up hoodie on sale. By now not thinking very logically or frugally anymore, next to it was a 5 tool Milwaukee m12 tool kit also discounted deeply, I'm like yeah I may need spare batteries or something so I purchased that also, haven't owned Milwaukee cordless tools in almost 20 yrs however Im definitely very pleased with the heated hoodie so far and it fits nicely under my heavier jackets and look forward to using it when plowing and snowmobiling in subzero temps.

Attachments

• KIMG2322.JPG
    KIMG2322.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 64
   / The one thing that you wonder why you didn't buy sooner? #408  
Pole Barn. Not a tool, but sorta. I should have never waited as long as I did to build one. From bottling honey, to parties, to maintaining equipment... It has made my life so much more enjoyable
What were the dimensions on that building again? I sure like the way it turned out!

/ The one thing that you wonder why you didn't buy sooner? #410  

Wow!

This is a tool I need. I chose a Lotos LPT5000D on sale on Amazon
Thanks for helping me spend my money :LOL: