The New Rural King Tractors

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / The New Rural King Tractors #101  
Where does JD manufacture their CUTç—´ anyway? I could never really figure that out. I know they have Japanese Yanmar diesels but the tractor itself, is that built in the USA, Mexico, China, or Europe? They should just go back to painting Yanmarç—´ green if theyæ±*e having quality control issues. Seven service calls in eight hours of use is unacceptable.

Heres your answer and I'm not shocked. the same place mahindra is made

India.To expand its global presence in Ag equipment, John Deere established a green field project in 1999 under a 50:50 joint venture with Larsen & Toubro Limited (L&T) An engineering company of repute from India. A state of the art tractor manufacturing plant for 5000 series John Deere tractors was set up at Sanaswadi, near Pune, in the state of Maharashtra. These tractors were introduced in India in early 2000.

In 2005, Deere & Company acquired nearly all the remaining shares in this joint venture. The new enterprise, John Deere Equipment Private Limited, Sanaswadi, Pune, operates through a network of 15 area offices, 4 zonal offices and 270 authorized dealers spread across the country.

The factory currently produces modern tractors of 35, 40, 42, 47, 50, 55 and 70 Hp capacities for domestic markets. Tractors manufactured in Sanaswadi are also exported to the USA, Mexico, Turkey, North and South Africa, and South East Asia. The company has received awards for export excellence in 2005 and 2006 from the Engineering Export Promotion Counc

/ The New Rural King Tractors #102  
Lots and lots of their stuff is made in China too, deere has a factory there...

SR

/ The New Rural King Tractors #103  
Lots and lots of their stuff is made in China too, deere has a factory there...

SR

it explains a lot about the quality of JD. Their dealers blatant lies about the origin of their tractors is shameful. Just another reason I'm looking to replace my 2025r with whatever color is the cheapest. They are all junk no matter the color as opposed to the old stuff . Looking at mahindra right now along with kyoti , LS and RK

/ The New Rural King Tractors #104  
All under 60HP sub-compact and compact tractors of every brand sold in the U.S. have their design and manufacturing origin outside of the U.S. Each brand performs some level of assembly here in the U.S. to prepare the tractors for sale to dealers in the case of all other brands, and directly for tractor users in the case of RK Tractors. While we know the country of origin and level of stateside assembly for each of our competitors, we choose to focus on letting our current RK Tractors customers and prospective customers know our sources and our level of assembly. Here it is, in the most transparent way we can state it.

Our tractors are designed and manufactured in Korea by TYM, which happens to be the second largest manufacturer of under 60HP tractors sold in the U.S. Few are aware that they hold that position, now readers of this forum know it too. The engines for our RK19 to RK55 are made in Japan by Yanmar, the 74HP engines are made by Deutz in Germany. Tires and wheels are made in Des Moines IA and Quincy IL by Titan International. Every tractor is fully assembled in Korea using assembly-use only tire & wheel sets, and is fully tested on a dynamometer before they undergo a partial knockdown (PKD) for shipping purposes. The PKD involves taking things off the open station tractors so they can be crated, but the cab tractors are actually driven in and out of shipping containers on small, steel wheels that allow the tractor to fit through the container doorway. Once the tractors arrive, we bolt on things like steps, seat, steering wheels, fenders, lights, etc. that were removed for shipping. We mount the tire & wheel assemblies, fill the rear tires of every 37, 55, and 74HP tractor paired with a loader with RimGuard, and install the loaders, backhoes and mid-mount-mowers based upon the stock or customer order. We then ship the fully assembled tractors to our stores using our own fleet of trucks. That's how we do it. We do not claim that our tractors are made in the U.S. because they are not, but as all other brands, we perform final assembly here, using our Tractor Assembly Centers (TAC) located in Waverly OH and Williston FL. We will add to those two locations as we grow our tractor brand.

Hope this information is helpful. We are trying to be a different kind of tractor company. We are proud of our tractors, we are happy to offer them at the lowest possible prices and we like to be open about where we buy our tractors.

/ The New Rural King Tractors #105  
it explains a lot about the quality of JD. Their dealers blatant lies about the origin of their tractors is shameful. Just another reason I'm looking to replace my 2025r with whatever color is the cheapest. They are all junk no matter the color as opposed to the old stuff . Looking at mahindra right now along with kyoti , LS and RK

Time to go out again, and hug my 1989 32HP Ford 1920 FEL.
I spent a bunch of $ rebuilding it, but it is a rock solid, simple to maintain, trouble free machine (1000 hrs).

/ The New Rural King Tractors #106  
Time to go out again, and hug my 1989 32HP Ford 1920 FEL.
I spent a bunch of $ rebuilding it, but it is a rock solid, simple to maintain, trouble free machine (1000 hrs).

And becoming a classic. :) Made by Shibaura. 30 years ago, Ford recognized the merit of Asian manufacturing. Not too long before that, I can remember the "good ole' boys" at a local auto repair who maintained my Broncos cracking about "no Jap crap" when anyone mentioned the source of auto parts or tools. :rolleyes: South Korean manufacturing was close behind and now produce equipment and machinery as well as anyone. And we can add India to the list. Some scoff at the notion, but Chinese factories are also fully capable of excellent quality. Regardless of country of origin and badging, the ultimate product depends in large part on the specifications and quality control demanded by the import or export customer.

/ The New Rural King Tractors #107  
   / The New Rural King Tractors #108  
Thanks for the heads up. What the poster said about our rates being higher than advertised is not true. I’ve asked him to send a private message to me so I can review his loan with him.

/ The New Rural King Tractors #109  
i bought the 55s open station and i love it so far, however the day i brought it home, the headlights didnt work. it had a blown fuse so i replaced it and it blew again. now in response, they did send a tech out to look at it,( 1 1/2 hrs away) he was unable to fix it in the field so i will havehave to take it to rk. besides that little issue, i love the tractor

/ The New Rural King Tractors #110  
RK Tractor Guy,
Which RK store that carries tractors would be closest to Tallahassee Fl?
Very interested in the 55, filled out the online form but recieved no response from the Dothan Al store.
Thanks, Kyle

Status
Not open for further replies.