Buying Advice The new one: JD 3025E. Any thoughts?

/ The new one: JD 3025E. Any thoughts? #21  
Haven't checked but I think all the compacts below the 4xxx series use aluminum transmission case. Not an issue imo, as long as properly designed and engineered. Aluminum is quite a plentiful resource too.

Yep, no issues with mine either and I have a backhoe bolted to it that jolts the whole tractor when fighting large roots.

/ The new one: JD 3025E. Any thoughts? #23  
How has the 3025E worked out for you so far? We are also debating between the JD 3025E and Kubota L2501. Our use is very similar to yours and with the incentives JD is still offering, the 3025 comes in $2500 less than the Kubota. An regrets not going up in hp?

/ The new one: JD 3025E. Any thoughts?
To be completely honest I haven't even had a chance to really put the tractor through its paces yet. It took WAAAAAYYY too long for the dealership to deliver the machine (ordered from the factory, took a couple weeks to arrive at dealer, then several more weeks waiting for dealer setup [installing loader, mounting and loading tires, etc.], THEN a few more weeks waiting for delivery... it ended up being over two months from when I placed the order to when I received my tractor.

Then, a few days after the machine was delivered, I noticed an oil puddle on my garage floor at the left front wheel... turns out the outer wheel hub seal came damaged or improperly installed from the factory and needed to be replaced (the dealer didn't give me any hassle about it, knowing the machine was only a few days old, and came and picked it up, did the service work and dropped it back off).

With all of that, I've only actually had the tractor for a couple of weeks, and I've been out of the state traveling for most of that time.

I did, just playing around a bit, move around a bit of fill from a very old and overgrown fill pile, and spun the (loaded) wheels when the bucket hit a large root. So horsepower wasn't the issue there, but weight: the machine was spinning all four wheels (I had the differential locked) trying to push the bucket lip through the root. I'm running loaded R4 tires, so maybe that's the kind of thing that Ag tires would help a bit with, or maybe I just need more ballast (or to not try to use the bucket to break through large roots! :p)

I'll certainly post more after I've had a chance to use the tractor for a bit!

/ The new one: JD 3025E. Any thoughts? #25  
I did, just playing around a bit, move around a bit of fill from a very old and overgrown fill pile, and spun the (loaded) wheels when the bucket hit a large root. So horsepower wasn't the issue there, but weight: the machine was spinning all four wheels (I had the differential locked) trying to push the bucket lip through the root. I'm running loaded R4 tires, so maybe that's the kind of thing that Ag tires would help a bit with, or maybe I just need more ballast (or to not try to use the bucket to break through large roots! :p)

Be lucky you lost traction -- that is a good way to bend your loader arms! Remember, the loader is for lifting and scooping, it's not a bulldozer.

/ The new one: JD 3025E. Any thoughts? #26  
Years ago before I had a fel loader needed to move many yards of dirt. Called a company who rented large commercial loaders and one thing he pointed out real quick it is only for use with loose material. I was needing to move dirt dug years earlier with full grown trees going in it and ended up using excavator and trailer for the very reason s219 points out. Can verify you can damage them in a moment.

/ The new one: JD 3025E. Any thoughts? #27  
Thanks for the info. I've tried to do pine tree stumps with a Bobcat S175 skid steer and it struggled. Excavator or backhoe is the way to go there I think.

We've settled on the JD 3025E. I think we would be fine JD or Kubota, but like the way the JD felt and with the price difference it is an easy choice. The treadle and layout on the Kubota L2501 was a pain with my big feet and boots. The dealer has the model in stock on site (probably be the one I test drove), can go in tomorrow for paperwork and pick it up. We'll be renting a tiller soon too. Not worth buying it to use once a year. The PTO HP is right at the lower limit recommended for the tiller, so will see how that goes.

/ The new one: JD 3025E. Any thoughts? #28  
Be lucky you lost traction -- that is a good way to bend your loader arms! Remember, the loader is for lifting and scooping, it's not a bulldozer.
:checkmark:

Sound advice.

Years ago before I had a fel loader needed to move many yards of dirt. Called a company who rented large commercial loaders and one thing he pointed out real quick it is only for use with loose material. I was needing to move dirt dug years earlier with full grown trees going in it and ended up using excavator and trailer for the very reason s219 points out. Can verify you can damage them in a moment.
:checkmark:

Sensible post.

:thumbsup:

/ The new one: JD 3025E. Any thoughts? #29  
Hi all,

I'm in the market for a CUT to work my 16 acres in Maine (hauling & dumping gravel to sturdy up my wood trail is going to be a priority).

My Kubota/JD dealer, a high-volume dealer who all my neighbors bought their tractors from, pointed me to the new JD 3025E. He said a few months after selling them, he called the first few customers of his who bought them and asked how they liked the 3025E (his suspicion was they'd find the 25HP engine underpowered) and he says they all said they loved it.

Apparently JD has incentives going right now (originally to end of Feb., but extended to end of March) for $3600 off, which gets the price of the 3025E with FEL to $16,999.

I'm leaning in that direction.
2 weeks ago bought an returned 1023e tractor and loader. worked fine all day saturday. decided to torque wheel an loader front 1/2 turn to specs rest not bad . thought i would check out grease points for later. checking driveshafts found rear splines just half on both of them. took it back .contract canceled. looking at 3025e . will check driveshaft for sure. good luck