The M7040 got a 7' snow blower today :)

/ The M7040 got a 7' snow blower today :) #21  
I added a hydraulic chute deflector on my blower. You will not be disappointed. I have to remove my hydraulic toplink when I use the blower because I only have 2 remotes. In hindsight, I wish that I had spec'd 3 remotes.

/ The M7040 got a 7' snow blower today :)
It seems like remotes are one of those thing where more is better.

I got the cut PTO shaft back from the dealer today and got it installed. I then hooked up the quick connects for the rotator. Fired everything up and it all worked as it should. So far I am very pleased with my new M7040 and snow blower. The real test will be once we start getting covered in snow. I'm pretty sure it will do well.

Last edited:
   / The M7040 got a 7' snow blower today :) #24  
So how does that compare to a fronted mounted blower, does one have an advantage over the other?
First, the front mount blower is only available if the tractor has MidPTO, or you get hydraulic and a power pack on the back. Either is going to cost you over $10,000.

My preference is MidPTO for a tractor, but it isnt available on most.

Rear blower is very powerful, 1/2 the cost but you have to look back. I solve this with a HD rear view camera mounted inside the cab so I dont have to look back much.

I was going to install a rear view camera and might still. I just want to give it a go for a while without one and see how I feel. Might have a camera in my future.

/ The M7040 got a 7' snow blower today :) #26  
I was going to install a rear view camera and might still. I just want to give it a go for a while without one and see how I feel. Might have a camera in my future.
These are popular and reliable.

That looks cool but I just looked up "wireless back up camera" on Amazon and I can try one out for cheap. Many of them have thousands of happy users. Could be junk but it sure doesn't cost much to try.

I wonder how well the cameras work while snow blowing, if they get covered in snow or not. Just looked up on another thread and found people have mounted their cameras inside the rear window.

Last edited:
Woke up this morning and no new snow. First time I've been bummed not getting snow.

Thanks Jchonline for planting the seed. Now I've got a back-up camera on the way. :p

/ The M7040 got a 7' snow blower today :) #29  
Nice looking unit. What are the fan dimensions and blower body height? Looks like an old Allied unit we let go with a Massey 1105.

/ The M7040 got a 7' snow blower today :) #30  
That looks cool but I just looked up "wireless back up camera" on Amazon and I can try one out for cheap. Many of them have thousands of happy users. Could be junk but it sure doesn't cost much to try.

I wonder how well the cameras work while snow blowing, if they get covered in snow or not. Just looked up on another thread and found people have mounted their cameras inside the rear window.
Yes, you need to mount the camera on the INSIDE of the cab back window.

Last edited: