The Jacks are back

/ The Jacks are back #1  

orezok

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800
About 2 to 3 years ago, hemorrhagic fever just about killed off all the Jacks (Black tail Hares). This spring they are starting to reappear. Glad to see them back.

/ The Jacks are back #2  
For countless years I've had a family of cottontails down my driveway. Mile long driveway - bunnies are about 3/4 way down the driveway. I will see one or two almost every year. Otherwise - rabbits are like hens teeth around here.

/ The Jacks are back #3  
I have 70 acres of Pollinator CRP in my front yard. Cotton tails in abundance. Not wife's favorite. They eat her flowers.

First time in her 66 year life she shot and killed one last Summer. You'd have to know her to fully appreciate how dramatic that was for her. I wanted her to fully appreciate what she meant when she said "get rid of the rabbits".

After that day she started using a pellitized chemical to keep them away. :)

/ The Jacks are back #4  
The Jacks have been back for awhile now:
rpjczuismicagxm_20121219181106.jpg

/ The Jacks are back #5  
I have 70 acres of Pollinator CRP in my front yard. Cotton tails in abundance. Not wife's favorite. They eat her flowers.

First time in her 66 year life she shot and killed one last Summer. You'd have to know her to fully appreciate how dramatic that was for her. I wanted her to fully appreciate what she meant when she said "get rid of the rabbits".

After that day she started using a pellitized chemical to keep them away. :)
I can appreciate how she may have felt. I still remember my first kill, a squirrel just sitting on a fence post and not bothering anyone. It was a rough day for me.

/ The Jacks are back #6  
About 2 to 3 years ago, hemorrhagic fever just about killed off all the Jacks (Black tail Hares). This spring they are starting to reappear. Glad to see them back.
Those things get big up there too, seems like a lot of them were just as big as the yotes in my memory...faded as that may be.

/ The Jacks are back #7  
I can appreciate how she may have felt. I still remember my first kill, a squirrel just sitting on a fence post and not bothering anyone. It was a rough day for me.
Yep. I've killed a lot in my life. Some I'll never forget. I don't kill anymore intentionally.