The girls score big(deer)

/ The girls score big(deer) #1  

nybirdman

Tractor
Kubota L4240 HSTC,L3000DT
Well the girls already scored;189lb. nine point(DIL) and granddaughter(15yrs.old) 176lb.six point.This in very upstate NY.
Both shot at about 170 yards with a .243(of all things).Hand-loaded with 100gr.Accubonds.

Attachments

• Jens 9  U.jpg
    Jens 9 U.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 328
  • Josie's 6.jpg
    Josie's 6.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 300
   / The girls score big(deer) #2  
My congrats to the girls. Nice to hear more females are getting out there hunting.

/ The girls score big(deer) #3  
Nice racks!

/ The girls score big(deer) #5  
Man those are nice deer. Our youngest grand daughter is up in our woods hunting today, it is our youth hunt weekend.

/ The girls score big(deer)
Thanks for the comments.We have worked for years to have the deer that we do.Pass on the little guys so they can get bigger.Last year I saw horns 31 times(all three seasons) and didn't tag out for the first time in 24 years;my choice.Took a doe in late muzzle-loader for the freezer.We do all we can to have the girls/kids involved in the out-doors.

/ The girls score big(deer) #7  
Wonder who had the biggest grin between the three of you:D

Ronnie

/ The girls score big(deer) #8  
Congrats to the girls, those are Great looking deer. :thumbsup:

And Kudos to you for loading up some good ammo for them. A .243 will "git er done"

/ The girls score big(deer) #9  
Yep, .243 is a great deer round for our area. After 30+ years using .308, my wife went to .243 last year in a nice Remington Model 7 bolt gun with a 3x9 Leupold scope. I've used several different calibers, but bought the same setup when they first came out many years ago due to bad shoulders.