The day the music died.

/ The day the music died. #985  
FB just banned a photo I posted in 2019 of the twin tower attack, saying it’s against their community standards. Said if I posted it again, I could get banned. We will see, I posted it again.

/ The day the music died. #986  
FB just banned a photo I posted in 2019 of the twin tower attack, saying it’s against their community standards. Said if I posted it again, I could get banned. We will see, I posted it again.

Give em hell Buckeye! I'm with Roy, screw Facebook.

/ The day the music died. #987  
I’m tempted to join again, just to see what you’ve posted. ;)

/ The day the music died. #988  

Post it here. I've pretty much banned FB.

/ The day the music died. #989  
I signed off of FB when they said they would not let me post a pic with a mannequin in the back ground. They said they would not allow nudity. And, yes, I was dressed. :)

/ The day the music died. #990  
The music world is mourning the loss of one of their own. Jim Seals has died, this according to friend and fellow musician, John Ford Coley.
Seals and musical partner, Dash Crofts were one of the many talented teams to emerge during the 70s singer/songwriter period, but before audiences became acquainted with their soft rock sound, the duo dabbled in several other projects. One band in which the pair played a part was The Champs, though they met up with the act after they had already achieved their greatest success with the track “Tequila.” They went on to work with fellow Champs band mate, Glen Campbell. From there they would go on to perform with The Dawnbreakers, but eventually decided to do things on their own as simply Seals & Crofts.
Their legendary easy listening tracks; "Summer Breeze”, "Diamond Girl” and "Get Closer" (featuring Carolyn Willis) each peaked at #6, on the Billboard Hot 100.
Coley, who rose to fame in the 70s, with Seals’ brother, Dan, in the form of England Dan and John Ford Coley took to social media to share the sad news, with fans. Coley stated, “Wow. Don’t even know where to begin. Jimmy Seals passed away today. I spent a large portion of my musical life with this man. We toured together, he and Dash invited us to sing on Seals and Crofts records, and we played with him for years. He was Dan’s older brother, it was Jimmy that gave Dan and me our stage name, he taught me how to juggle, made me laugh, pissed me off, encouraged me, showed me amazing worlds and different understandings on life, especially on a philosophical level, showed me how expensive golf was and how to never hit a golf ball because next came the total annihilation of a perfectly good golf club and the list goes on and on.”
The “I’d Really Love To See You Tonight” performer went on to say, “We didn’t always see eye to eye, especially as musicians, but we always got along and I thought he was a bona fide, dyed in the wool musical genius and a very deep and contemplative man. He was an enigma and I always had regard for his opinion. I listened to him and I learned from him. We didn’t always agree and it wasn’t always easy and it wasn’t always fun but it definitely was always entertaining for sure. Dan adored his older brother and it was because of Jimmy opening doors for us that we came to Los Angeles to record and meet the right people. This is a hard one on so many levels as this is a musical era passing for me. And it will never pass this way again as his song said. He belonged to a group that was one of a kind. I am very sad over this but I have some of the best memories of all of us together. Rest In Peace Jimmy. You and Dan finally get reunited again. Tell him and your sweet momma hi for me.”
Seals was 80 years old at the time of his passing. His memory will live on through his music.