The day the music died.

/ The day the music died. #1,211  
OK, you got me a bit confused on that... ??
LOL... dunno how I did that, mind was elsewhere, I guess. I meant Jeff Beck. Will go back and fix that.

/ The day the music died. #1,216  
    1. Tina Turner, Legendary Singer and Music Icon, Dead at 83 - Insider

https://www.insider.com › tina-turner-legendary-singer-dead-obituary-5-2023
      TodayLegendary singer Tina Turner has died at the age of 83, her family said. "Tina Turner, the 'Queen of Rock'n Roll' has died peacefully today at the age of 83 after a long illness in her home in Küsnacht near Zurich, Switzerland," her family said in a statement on Wednesday, according to Rolling Stone. "With her, the world loses a music legend and a role model."

/ The day the music died. #1,217  
    1. Tina Turner, Legendary Singer and Music Icon, Dead at 83 - Insider

https://www.insider.com › tina-turner-legendary-singer-dead-obituary-5-2023
      TodayLegendary singer Tina Turner has died at the age of 83, her family said. "Tina Turner, the 'Queen of Rock'n Roll' has died peacefully today at the age of 83 after a long illness in her home in Küsnacht near Zurich, Switzerland," her family said in a statement on Wednesday, according to Rolling Stone. "With her, the world loses a music legend and a role model."
Queen of rock

/ The day the music died. #1,219  
Back in the early 70's we went to a day long music festival where a lot of very popular bands at the time played...I don't think 'Ike and Tina' were slated as the headliner but the MC (Wolfman Jack) kept telling the crowd they were coming up...after all the other bands had been bused out they played canned music for at least an hour while the MC would cut in ever 15 minutes saying they were on the way...
...They never did show...if more people would have hung around wolfman may not have made it out of the stadium in one piece...

/ The day the music died. #1,220  
Yeah, just heard about that one, too. I remember when she had her, what... third(?) big career resurgence in the early 1980's. A bunch of grade-schoolers at the time, we all thought she was old then! Perspective is everything.

Speaking of the 1980's, here's a good performance from that time, of one of her older tunes: