The "D" word.

/ The "D" word. #21  
Re: The \"D\" word.

You guys along the east coast are suffering some, but no one in the country is worse off than the northwest. Take a look at the US Drought Monitor, maintained by the University of Nebraska:

http://enso.unl.edu/monitor/monitor.html

I haven't had any measurable rainfall since the middle of SEPT, rare for SE Louisana - - but we don't show up on the drought monitor yet.

/ The "D" word. #22  
The \"S\" word.

Well our abundance of rain - sorry guys /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif - has now turned to snow.

18-80002-digging3.gif

/ The "D" word.
Re: The \"S\" word.

Andyfr,

Ahhh.... nevermind. You can keep that kind of moisture! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Terry

/ The "D" word. #24  

Thanks Terry /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif. Better get the snow shovel out of the garage, it's orange but that is the only thing it has in common with a Kubota. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

18-80002-digging3.gif

/ The "D" word. #25  

Just went to our snowmobile club meeting last nite, wow were there a lot of people there. I guess the season is here.

/ The "D" word. #26  

What a difference a few miles makes; I mowed and cleaned up under the pecan trees so I can pick up my pecans when they start falling, moved a little dirt to smooth an area the cows tracked up the last time it was muddy, cleaned and greased the mower, and went fishing yesterday - all in short sleeves with no jacket or sweater of course./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

BirdSig.jpg

/ The "D" word. #27  

Bird it's not that I didn't miss a walleye fishing trip today with some freinds but the temps are dropping here. We are just getting ready to support the clothing industry with some winter apparel. I bet you don't get to try on cross country skis and zip across the area on a snowmobile. We have it good here,you just need a little patience to wait for your favorite season to come. If not like my wife we will be in Jammin Jamaica in February for a week of fun in the sun!

/ The "D" word. #28  

Terry,

I'm guessing the well at the farm (27' hand-dug well) is close to dust. I guess I'll be trucking in water for butchering at T-giving again this year. This spring I'm gunna ditch a line from my well down to the farm (aprox 900 feet). Cheaper than a new well.

This is the second time for MD in three years. Is it gunna end????

Steve

/ The "D" word.

skent,

I hope so!! /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

The funny thing about our area is that we live very close to the Potomac River. It has little or no effect on the well levels. I have heard of people drilling down 700+ feet to get good water flow and to have a reservoir. The Potomac is very low and a lot of the small streams and ponds are drying.

Com'on rain. We need you badly. But only during the week, so that my weekends are free to play with the tractor. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Terry