The acid test

/ The acid test #1  

smfcpacfp

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B3030HSDC
Although we have had about 15 feet of snow this year, 4 to 8" at a crack, we haven't had those snow storms that many of you have had throughout the winter, well that finally happened.

It started snowing when it was about 34 degrees (4 PM yesterday) and snowed and blew all night long with the temperature dropping to about 26 degrees now. All schools and most businesses are closed today, including my employer.

So I have about 18" of snow that is heavy and probably wet at the base, so we will see what the B3030 can do. I will probably wait until this afternoon to give it a shot and have my wife take a movie of the tractor in action. The two foot snow banks and pathways that resulted from that all of my prior snowblowing are gone as you can see from this picture at dawn this morning.

April-fool's-day.jpg

/ The acid test
Well, it truly was a test. We had 26" of wet, heavy snow. It has taken me about 35 minutes to snow blow normally, but it took about 1 1/2 hours. The picture below was the path to my front porch which was completely gone. The snow was over 3' on the right side. Immediately after the blizzard ended, the sun came out and we had a sunny afternoon:

April-Fool's-Day-4.jpg

I managed to get the tractor stuck snowblowing beside my sunroom. Snow got under the undercarriage and the blower just doesn't lift high enough, so we had to do some digging. The picture below is the post removal picture. I decided that since we are near the end of the snow season, I wouldn't bother to finish the small dense patch in front of my sun room that I was struggling with:

April-Fool's-Day-2.jpg

As you can see, it is going to take a while for all of this new snow to melt, I suspect:

April-Fool's-Day-3.jpg

/ The acid test #4  
Nice pics! Better you than me. 50 and windy here today,got rid of a lot of snow. I guess we are in for a dumping like that as I just traded the 3010 with a 63'' rear blower for a 5240 but can't get a blower till the fall.