The 2013 Garden Year!

/ The 2013 Garden Year! #1  

Sonny580

Platinum Member
Tractor
several kinds and sizes
In this area the year has started off late/cold/wet/high wind conditions, and right now we are waiting to get back into the gardens to plant the rest of it!--have 2 rows of spuds up (1--50# bag) and have 4 more to go.---really need to weed but just been too wet. The strawberries are getting ripe and I hope they dont rot in the field with all this rain we been having.
The onions are growing good but so are the weeds and 5,500 onion plants take some time to weed.
The spring wheat,Hulless oats, and Robust Barley are over knee high and the wind is kinda hard on it so dont if we will have some to harvest or not!
I have collected over 2,000 gallons of roof runoff water to use later when rain does stop.--I have made a water bar for the 3-point hitch on one of my cub tractors and made a new garden creeper to use this year.--still use the bike setup that I made many years ago.
Most of our garden equipment was made by me and some of it looks kinda crude but it works.---I made a tato planter one day and a tato digger later that year.
We have seedling plants that need to be in the ground too so right now its wait on the weather! thanks;sonny580