That battery seemed to live a short life

/ That battery seemed to live a short life #1  

gsganzer

Elite Member
Tractor
L3800 w/FEL and BH77, BX 2200 w/FEL and MMM
One of the two batteries on my 2020 F250 diesel must be bad. Got the click, click, click. Put the jump pack on and fired right up, jump pack said 14.7 volts once it was running, so assume everything else is good.

Although 3 years isn't terrible, I still think it must be one of the shortest life batteries I've ever had as OEM.

Anyone else find the same issue? Whats a good brand to go with? I assume they're all a crap shoot now.

Last edited:
   / That battery seemed to live a short life #2  
I had a Walmart car battery to fail within something like 9 months within the past year.

/ That battery seemed to live a short life #3  
Bad battery or bad connection? If the latter, just hooking up the booster pack may have moved things enough to make the difference.

/ That battery seemed to live a short life #4  
One of the two batteries on my 2020 F250 diesel must be bad. Got the click, click, click. Put the jump pack on and fired right up, jump pack said 14.7 volts once it was running, so assume everything else is good.

Although 3 years isn't terrible, I still think it must be one of the shortest life batteries I've ever had as OEM.

Anyone else find the same issue? Whats a good brand to go with? I assume they're all a crap shoot now.
2020 Ram diesel had one dead battery, dealer only changed one since it was under warranty. Pretty sure they wouldn’t have been so frugal if it had been my dimes. I prefer interstate when I buy.

/ That battery seemed to live a short life
Bad battery or bad connection? If the latter, just hooking up the booster pack may have moved things enough to make the difference.
Agree. I'll check everything in the morning. I did hit a pretty jarring pothole the other day, so maybe a connection issue. or possible it screwed up a battery cell.

/ That battery seemed to live a short life #6  
My 2020 Ram Cummins batteries only lasted 2yrs & a few months. Disappointing.

/ That battery seemed to live a short life #8  
For decades we sold Interstate… good battery at a fair price.

Something along the way changed several years ago so we dropped the line…

/ That battery seemed to live a short life #9  
I buy AC/Delco batteries from the dealer. Same price or cheaper than the parts houses. Never had an issue with a warranty. On the diesels if one goes bad, I change them both. Usually every 4-5 years.

/ That battery seemed to live a short life #10  
13 years and OEM Toyota AC Delco with the Green Eye.

The OEM Kubota battery in the BX even longer…