Thank you for the help! 5 foot Rear Blade and Snow

/ Thank you for the help! 5 foot Rear Blade and Snow #1  

2516mo

Bronze Member
Tractor
2010 mahindra 2516 gear
I wanted to post a big THANK YOU! for those that helped me decide what to do for snow removal with my new 2516 (first winter). We just got 8 inches of snow, and after much debate, I had just invested in a 5 foot back blade from TSC last weekend. Their Country Line brand is made by King Kutter. If I had gone any bigger for the blade size, it would not have been possible to go without weights. The resistance was almost too much with the slick drive, but it did the job. Saved on the cost of the blade and not having to buy chains. Best thing is the blade was $50.00 off the list price! Should have seen me trying to unload it from the back of the pickup by myself. The loader helped out, and I lost no paint!

All who post thoughts and answers to questions are appreciated!

/ Thank you for the help! 5 foot Rear Blade and Snow #2  
We just had a 5" snow (here in sunny southern california) and I used the snow as excuse to call work and bail !
Next day one of my workmates said- why didn't you use your tractor to clear the driveway??
I told him be quiet- it isn't that I couldn't get out...I didn't want to get out !
:)

/ Thank you for the help! 5 foot Rear Blade and Snow
That's okay....They think I am crazy at work, when I start talking tractors. I do IT work, and the tractor is my outlet. Those that know me at all asked if I got to use or play with the tractor, and if I told them I did they started laughing. That's okay. Most don't understand 'seat time'!! (Insert Tim Allen Tool Time Grunt Here!)

/ Thank you for the help! 5 foot Rear Blade and Snow #4  
I have been using my combination of rear blade/FEL for snow removal this winter and it works great. To me it really turned out to be a winning combo for snow removal.

/ Thank you for the help! 5 foot Rear Blade and Snow #5  
I have been using that combination this year myself. Although my Tractor B3200 is a little more hp then yours and i have a Land Pride 72" back blade & 60" fel. Works great but as we here in upstate N.Y. are getting hit with snow storms every 3 or 4 days. Snow is piling up and pretty soon I'll wish I had the blower on my BX23.
DevilDog

/ Thank you for the help! 5 foot Rear Blade and Snow #6  
I think I jinxed myself , I bought a new tractor , wanting a snow to try it out , maybe sometime this winter:confused2: I'm hoping the fel/loader combo works for me too...:thumbsup: