Thank you American Veterans !!

/ Thank you American Veterans !! #1  

Fragger

Silver Member
Tractor
Gilson 16 hp twin,GC2300/ Mighty Mite
Monday is Veterans day!!
I would like to thank every American Veteran home that made the ultimate sacrifice ..
Thank you for serving this great country in defending it !!
I am so proud of all our vets on this board !!
Again thank you for your service to this great country!!!

/ Thank you American Veterans !! #2  
... and Monday is also Remembrance Day. I'll be at my town's cenotaph for the 1100 parade & ceremony.

Lest we Forget.

/ Thank you American Veterans !! #3  
... and Monday is also Remembrance Day. I'll be at my town's cenotaph for the 1100 parade & ceremony.

Lest we Forget.

Is your day similar to ours in U.S.? Or is yours to remember some specific event?

/ Thank you American Veterans !! #4  
Is your day similar to ours in U.S.? Or is yours to remember some specific event?

In the United States, people always get Memorial day confused with Veterans day IMO.

Memorial day in the US is to remember those who died while in the service of their country, generally in war. Veterans day is to thank those who served in the Military.

Personally, don't see why veterans would want a "thanks" per veterans day. Actions always speak louder than words.

/ Thank you American Veterans !! #5  
Veterans day is to thank those who served in the Military.

Personally, don't see why veterans would want a "thanks" per veterans day. Actions always speak louder than words.

I think it is nice to get appreciated by a "Thank you for your service" even though it was 50+ years ago. Many people next door to us put their lives on the line for each of us and showing appreciation isn't to much to expect.

/ Thank you American Veterans !! #6  

It's the day to remember and commemorate the fallen... and the wounded (physically and mentally)... and those men & women who served... and who still serve.

At one time it was called 'Armistice Day', for when the First World War stopped. (The actual war 'ended' in 1919). As far as I know, ALL British Commonwealth countries observe Remembrance Day.

So, yes, it is similar the the U.S.'s observance. It's a very solemn occasion. A parade of Veterans is held (to the town/city's cenotaph), a Remembrance Ceremony + wreath laying is held. a minutes silence (at 11 o'clock AM) is observed.

/ Thank you American Veterans !! #7  
It's the day to remember and commemorate the fallen... and the wounded (physically and mentally)... and those men & women who served... and who still serve.

At one time it was called 'Armistice Day', for when the First World War stopped. (The actual war 'ended' in 1919). As far as I know, ALL British Commonwealth countries observe Remembrance Day.

So, yes, it is similar the the U.S.'s observance. It's a very solemn occasion. A parade of Veterans is held (to the town/city's cenotaph), a Remembrance Ceremony + wreath laying is held. a minutes silence (at 11 o'clock AM) is observed.

Thanks for the explanation

/ Thank you American Veterans !! #8  
In today's world there are a lot of men and women who swear a similar oath as enlisted personnel but don't wear uniforms or get the recognition they deserve for serving their country just the same...They may not have to put their own lives on the line but they have saved untold American lives as well as other innocent civilians and do so on a daily basis...
...We don't read a lot about their exploits because "we don't need to know"...they work behind the scenes and rarely get recognized...

I salute all those that serve and have served our country in any capacity every day...it's part of being patriotic...

/ Thank you American Veterans !! #9  
Thank you for your service veterans!

/ Thank you American Veterans !! #10  

Veterans didn't ask for a Veteran's Day. I know very few that "want" anything.